Brando1 2001 Land Cruiser build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They come with covers for flood light, I keep one of each on. I haven't try these on th trails yet, but they light up my neighborhood like its daylight.

Interesting. So, the cover is the diffuser? Very curious if these are compatible with my Lumiteks

IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3989.JPG
IMG_3992.JPG
Quick trip to lost lakes, Hialeah Florida. My new hammock was a hit.

IMG_4009.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG
Safari snorkel finally made it in the truck. Didn't watch the installation for somewhat obvious reasons. Solid piece.

Added K and N air filter after we installed the snorkel. The original was filthy. Did not notice any difference in performance or gas mileage.
IMG_4031.JPG

Finally got around to taking the bumper off to redo the powdercoat. I hope it sticks this time. This is what the truck looks like with 864 coils and no weight.
IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG

Finally got around to taking the bumper off to redo the powdercoat. I hope it sticks this time. This is what the truck looks like with 864 coils and no weight. View attachment 1588627 View attachment 1588628
Sweet truck, love the mods and the color.
I see you swapped in newer OME coils in the rear, but what are you running in front for torsion bars?

I saw your powder coating issues, and have some thoughts (That's what I do for my mortgage paying job).

On the Hi Lift, I have the same one on my 80 and I am pretty sure it is just painted on the grey part-agree the quality is terrible.

On your bumper, generally the problem is that those kind of items (bumpers, sliders) get powder coated without a media blast job on the part first. The next steps are some kind of adhesion promoting wash (iron phosphate, or a ceramic non-phos wash), then zinc epoxy primer (some do this, some don't), then your top coat (most of the time polyester, sometimes urethane).

Slight variations in the process don't change the outcome a ton EXCEPT that first step of media blasting. If that is skipped on a part, especially if it is made from hot rolled steel which most stuff is, you will have a near guaranteed failure in a short period of time. Getting the part redone will require the original powder be blasted off so next time around it should hold up. We repair "factory" coating jobs all the time.

Keep the pictures coming!

The torsion bars are from OME, I havent seen a need to upgrade them yet. When I showed the place that did the powder coating, they very quickly offered to fix it. I am pretty sure they did not prep it right the first time. I just do not want to deal with taking that bumper off again.
It gives me an opportunity to match the front bumper color again. I think next time I will either paint it like I did on the front carb, so its easy to fix, or just deal with the normal black powder coat.

Bump it Offroad rear bumper.
This thing is stout. Very happy with the build quality. My techs were impressed with the welding details. Swing arm has a very solid feel. Closes nice and tight. Installation was straight forward. Be careful when cutting into the cross member and make sure it lines up. I powder coated the bumper to match the trim but it's a little off.
This bumper is worth the wait.
Can't wait to try it out in the field. And now I have to buy another wheel and tire to match. View attachment 1510365
I bought the dual rear bumper swing-away from Mike at BIOR and have been very happy with it. The DS swing away has the ladder/dual jerry can carrier. As you mention, very stout bumper, excellent weld quality. I also bought Mike's roof rack as well and had it Linex'd this past spring.

I bought the dual rear bumper swing-away from Mike at BIOR and have been very happy with it. The DS swing away has the ladder/dual jerry can carrier. As you mention, very stout bumper, excellent weld quality. I also bought Mike's roof rack as well and had it Linex'd this past spring.[/QUOTE

I should have bought the dual swing away, hind sight is always 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom