Brake Pad R L (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick one. I bought some OEM brake pads, and took them out of the box and mixed them up. Do both R pads go on the passenger side and both L's on the driver or is it one of each per side? Seems like the only difference is how the wear indicator is oriented.

two of the pads probably have a wear indicator on them. You wouldn't want to put both of the pads with the indicators on one side.

OEM pads have wear indicators on all 4. It makes no difference what pad goes where.

OEM pads are marked "L" for Left and "R" for Right

When installed correctly, the wear indicators will be at the top of the calipers both inside and outside (L&L driver's side/R&R passenger side)

That being said, it really doesn't matter either way

When I picked up my 80 @ 80k miles, it had OEM pads with the "L" outside/"R" inside (driver's side) and "L" inside/"R" outside (passenger side)

OEM pads are marked "L" for Left and "R" for Right

When installed correctly, the wear indicators will be at the top of the calipers both inside and outside (L&L driver's side/R&R passenger side)

That being said, it really doesn't matter either way

When I picked up my 80 @ 80k miles, it had OEM pads with the "L" outside/"R" inside (driver's side) and "L" inside/"R" outside (passenger side)
You're going to make me check the FSM and see if this is specified, aren't you....

You're going to make me check the FSM and see if this is specified, aren't you....

The FSM actually does not specify one way or the other as it's very basic, but I asked the same question here many years ago when I noticed the OEM pads were marked "L" and "R" (can't seem to find the exact thread as I have a ton of posts regarding pads)

General consensus was both "L" marked pads on the Left and both "R" marked pads on the Right (which put the wear indicators on the top and not staggered), but many chimed in stating that it just didn't matter either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom