Bowfin Cruisers - Roof racks and more (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are thes still available? shipping to 39503

They are available. Once ordered they ship in approximately 2 weeks. Shipping to you would probably be around $80 or a little less. You can get an exact cost if you put the rack in your "cart" on the website and make it calculate shipping. It will give you an exact price and you can abandon checkout at that point if you wish.

Here's the site: www.bowfincruisers.com

When will you have more 60-Series racks in stock?

- Woody
I do have all of the pieces stocked now to put 60 racks together. I have a few out there and so far, so good. I need to get them on my website because it is a much smoother way for me to sell them and the buyer gets better ups shipping because of Shopify's bargaining power with UPS.

I'm interested in the 100 series rack!
100's are pretty much ready too. Same as the 60, I have to get my site changed. Happening very soon!

I ordered my rack a few months and had to raptor line the roof prior to putting it on. The product is easy to put together and easy to install. Here are few picks of it.

20180831_160501.jpg

20180831_160508.jpg

20180831_160515.jpg

Finally had a chance to assemble and install the 60 rack last weekend. This product is extremely well made, over engineered and simple to install. If you are in the market for a awesome rack consider this one as the premier product offered by Bowfin Cruisers.
Patrick, aka @dogfishlake has put together a platform that is very strong yet light weight (75# to your door), plus the flexibility is endless when adding accessories. The tee nut inserts offer a secure way to bolt just about any tent, kyak rack, ski rack, bicycle mounts, awning mounts or what ever you desire to carry up there. The powder coating is top notch as well.

20180913_131228.jpg

Rack assembly comes to your door very well packaged with padding and shrink wrap. No damage from the man in brown.

20180914_123746.jpg

Assembly is very simple using the supplied bolts and included L wrench.

20180915_183602.jpg

All set up and ready to install. Make sure you have an extra set of hands to install. Side rails fit into the rail precisely the full length front to back. Rail clamps make install a real snap. Bolts are provided to snug all eight clamps making it very tight and extremely theft deterrent. the air deflector is adjustable after final fitment. No excess wind noise from this that I have noticed at Highway speeds.

20180915_192132.jpg

Set in place and aligned following the instructions.

20180915_192215.jpg

Added height is a minimal of 2" so low profile, perfectly flat and extremely strong.

Thanks for bringing this Bad Boy to market for the Cruiser community Patrick. Looking forward to see what you offer for the 40 guys. I know it will be hit out of the park also.
Much appreciated, Casey...

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to assemble and install the 60 rack last weekend. This product is extremely well made, over engineered and simple to install. If you are in the market for a awesome rack consider this one as the premier product offered by Bowfin Cruisers.
Patrick, aka @dogfishlake has put together a platform that is very strong yet light weight (75# to your door), plus the flexibility is endless when adding accessories. The tee nut inserts offer a secure way to bolt just about any tent, kyak rack, ski rack, bicycle mounts, awning mounts or what ever you desire to carry up there. The powder coating is top notch as well.

View attachment 1795645
Rack assembly comes to your door very well packaged with padding and shrink wrap. No damage from the man in brown.

View attachment 1795648
Assembly is very simple using the supplied bolts and included L wrench.

View attachment 1795649
All set up and ready to install. Make sure you have an extra set of hands to install. Side rails fit into the rail precisely the full length front to back. Rail clamps make install a real snap. Bolts are provided to snug all eight clamps making it very tight and extremely theft deterrent. the air deflector is adjustable after final fitment. No excess wind noise from this that I have noticed at Highway speeds.

View attachment 1795650
Set in place and aligned following the instructions.

View attachment 1795651
Added height is a minimal of 2" so low profile, perfectly flat and extremely strong.

Thanks for bringing this Bad Boy to market for the Cruiser community Patrick. Looking forward to see what you offer for the 40 guys. I know it will be hit out of the park also.
Much appreciated, Casey...

Thanks for the review. It has been a long time coming but the 60 rack is finally on the website and rolling.

The 100 rack should be on the site this week as well as accessories.

Thanks to all that have waited so patiently and to those that have taken the leap of faith on these. I am still a one man show and it's my second career so keeping up is tough, but truly a labor of love!

Super interested i both an 80 and 100 series rack. What accessory support do you have? Price is comparable to the Prinsu rack, which I also have my eye on for how low-profile it is, but I'd rather support a local shop over CBI. Also, I want to probably add a dual row LED bar up front, but your fairing only supports a single row, do you have options to creating a deeper depth of the fairing?

Super interested i both an 80 and 100 series rack. What accessory support do you have? Price is comparable to the Prinsu rack, which I also have my eye on for how low-profile it is, but I'd rather support a local shop over CBI. Also, I want to probably add a dual row LED bar up front, but your fairing only supports a single row, do you have options to creating a deeper depth of the fairing?

I have available awning mount brackets, roof top tent mount brackets (these are not needed to mount a RTT, they just make it much easier), and tie down bracket sets. Any other accessory that fits a 10 series extrusion will also fit on this rack. Many make their own creations for mounting to the rack and I include a "starter kit" of sorts for that which includes an assortment of stainless bolts, and T-nuts. Quick Fist clamps are easy to mount using a bolt and T-nut and are slick for tube items like shovels, an ax, or a fishing rod tube. Yakima Jaylow kayak racks have a rectangular shape that clamps perfectly to the 1"x2" 10 series cross bar as well.

A double row light bar can be put on the rack but it will stick up beyond the wind deflector. The cross bar that supports the deflector prevents a double row bar from fitting lower in the deflector.

Would you be willing to offer a group buy if we got 20 or more rack orders?

Sorry I am late to reply to the question. I really can't do it right now because the margin on these is so tight. I knew that would be the case when I started this, with the intention of trying to lower cost to create a margin. That was a great plan but the issue is that raw materials (stainless, aluminum) have brought price increases on what I buy. I already do racks in batches when I can. I am a one man show and a second career so time is always tight. When things change, I would consider it for sure.

Probably not cost effective but would you ever consider a rack for a high roof model 60?

Probably not cost effective but would you ever consider a rack for a high roof model 60?

I've been asked that a couple of times now. I may try to come up with something. I found the dimensions for height so it would be a matter of stretching the side rails up. Not sure how that will look aesthetically, but it would be form following function.

Nice product. With more and more 70's coming into the States, any thoughts on making a 70 series?? Very Interested on my end.

There is, but it might be a little while. The upside for 70 series is the relatively straight gutter line. There would have to be at least two models for the short wheel base and the mid. Not sure if troopy and pickup versions would be wanted by anyone and that troopy roof is pretty high. I will try to not miss the opportunity to look closely at a 7X the next chance I get to get a better idea. I would love to (and plan to) own a 73 eventually. Great excuse to buy one right? That and some money!

What are the dimensions of the 80 series rack? length and width? I didn't see it posted
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom