Bottle jack extension adapters. Put your factory jack back to work on lifted vehicles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

staggrlee

GOLD Star
Threads
I don't like always carrying my Hi-Lift and even when I do it's not the first thing I want to haul out to lift one wheel.

Ran into these guys last weekend at Northwest Overland Rally (no affiliation) and they said they thought their adapters would fit the factory jack so I hauled it over to them.
Bottle Jack Accessories

Turns out their extensions fit right on the factory bottle jack if you just knock off the stamped steel cap. It's just held on with four punch crimps. If you get the jack base you can drill/chamfer holes for the screws and screw the jack directly to it. I put some aluminum bushings on the screws so the wingnuts sit securely on the mount. The plate is a heavy bit of steel but it doubles as a Hi-Lift base.

fObDrih.png

VLDKly9.jpg

Dude that's kick ass! Totally going to copy you, as I too was thinking bottle jacks are in some cases a good go to choice

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, buy from Phil. Totally forgot that he makes this same adapter.

In fact I may buy the LCP 2" adapter since it will work for my FJ62 and will go over the female ends (1.75" diameter) of the Jack Safe stuff allowing me to use their flat pad and posts as a jack stand while simultaneously using the bottle jack with the Jack Safe adapter.

I will say that the Safe Jack adapter fits snuggly on the OE jack with the cap removed (wouldn't fit at all with the cap on) and their longer extensions make it possible to also use the bottle jack with my teardrop trailer. The trailer has drop-down rear support legs which aren't lifts and with the longer extension(s) I can lift at the rub rail/sliders on the trailer for easy leveling in camp.
:beer:

There's already a member on here that makes that exact same product -
Land Cruiser Products - Bottle Jack Adapters

There is also this:

EDIT: looks like I missed the above that clearly shows what i posted! Doh!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. Yes, buy from Phil. Totally forgot that he makes this same adapter.

In fact I may buy the LCP 2" adapter since it will work for my FJ62 and will go over the female ends (1.75" diameter) of the Jack Safe stuff allowing me to use their flat pad and posts as a jack stand while simultaneously using the bottle jack with the Jack Safe adapter.

I will say that the Safe Jack adapter fits snuggly on the OE jack with the cap removed (wouldn't fit at all with the cap on) and their longer extensions make it possible to also use the bottle jack with my teardrop trailer. The trailer has drop-down rear support legs which aren't lifts and with the longer extension(s) I can lift at the rub rail/sliders on the trailer for easy leveling in camp.
:beer:

Our Jack Adapter was designed not to fit tight. This gives the adapter the ability to cant while the jack stays vertical. This provides a solid base with more adapter contact making it less chance of slippage.

This is not to say ours is better than safe jack just different. Also pointed out above can do things our cant.

IMG_5726.JPG

Interesting

Just what I needed. Thank You! We're new to offroading and I was planning on getting a bottle jack and wondered how to lift an axle in a secure way. Very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom