Bonnet Emblem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me the distance between the studs that go through the bonnet of a 25. I am rebuilding my 71 FJ40 and it would appear that there are two holes in the front of the bonnet which I believe an emblem would sit. No I know the the 40 did not come out with these emblems however might be interesting to put one on there if the distance between the holes is correct.

This is what I currently have. Also did the 25/28 ever come out with curved glass in the rear quarter similar to the 40 series. I located some glass up there however it is only 310mm long and too short for a 40 series.
Hood.JPG
Glass.JPG

glass is for a early/mid 60s 45. mine took a smaller glass than the 40s and i had to cut a gasket down to fit. i think the holes are too far down and too close together for a 25 emblem

I a week away from my 25 ken but someone will chime in im sure. those holes also don't look to be very centred with the middle of the bonnet. your shorty is looking great; i check in on your thread all the time.

Holes are too low for either of the emblems used on the FJ25. The spacer on the "TOYOTA" is closer than the T bird.

As far as I know all 45/47 pickups have the shorter curved glass. Guessing the reason is it matches the height of the back window which is also shorter than the hatch or ambulance door glass and side windows on the 40 series post corrugated top.

The T bird holes are about 1-1/8" up from the bottom edge and 5-3/8" c-c. Oval emblem is similar but nothing measure here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom