Bolt on turbo kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A picture is worth a 1,000 words
Looks like it was installed with a 5 degree down bubble even with the demister lines to act as levels. Or do the stickers sag over time.....

Looks like it was installed with a 5 degree down bubble even with the demister lines to act as levels. Or do the stickers sag over time.....

1697756327579.png

Immediately what I thought of after reading that....

If you are willing to lose the stock washer bottle, a smaller aftermarket bottle fits nicely in the corner up towards the windshield. It even accepts the stock pump and grommet.. I did this for my methanol injection kit install. I posted about it in the now closed Wit's End Turbo Owners thread.

View attachment 3456757
Do you have more details on the tank you used? Link?

Does anyone happen to have the turbo installation directions for the aforementioned kit in this thread? I’m assuming there is no product support.

I have the instructions - want me to email them to you?

Also - my kit came with the wrong size intake hose that attaches to the turbo itself. The smaller end was made for the wrong diameter. I was able to use a cut piece from one of the other tubes to make due while I waited for a replacement, but I'm tired of the HVAC tape sealing it up.

Does anyone have a good source for me to purchase a new 90* silicone intake tube?

IMG_3180.JPG
IMG_3181.jpeg
IMG_3175.jpeg

Also - my kit came with the wrong size intake hose that attaches to the turbo itself. The smaller end was made for the wrong diameter. I was able to use a cut piece from one of the other tubes to make due while I waited for a replacement, but I'm tired of the HVAC tape sealing it up.

Does anyone have a good source for me to purchase a new 90* silicone intake tube?

View attachment 3461511View attachment 3461512View attachment 3461513
You can usually order them easily off any racing site. Summit, even eBay. That is weird though. I’ve bought mix packs of silicone hoses off eBay and cut them up to make due before.

What setup is that you’re running for a catch can?

View attachment 3461511View attachment 3461512View attachment 3461513

I just ordered from Siliconeintakes.com
Website seems outdated, but they ship quick and have good components. Their T bolt clamps are priced good.

I just ordered from Siliconeintakes.com
Website seems outdated, but they ship quick and have good components. Their T bolt clamps are priced good.
Good deal, thanks. I just emailed you the instructions too.

Well… had the turbo on my cruiser with a fresh rebuilt 1fz. Took the turbo off during an overhaul and noticed condensation (sludgy) on the exhaust wheel, as well as chipping of the lining around the exhaust housing. Anyone seen this?
Also attached are pics of the sparks 1-6. At first I thought HG had gone but no coolant in the oil.
IMG_6648.jpeg

IMG_6649.jpeg
IMG_6650.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg

IMG_6654.jpeg

Pics pt 2
IMG_6652.jpeg
IMG_6653.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg
IMG_6633.jpeg
IMG_6632.jpeg

Anyone have any ideas wtf is going on? No more shaft play that when it was new.
Radiator crimp let go after my fan belts snapped and temp spiked to 225 going up a pass outside Pendleton OR. The belts popped the lower rad hose off and I immediately shut it down and pulled over. Didn’t think there was any internal damage as I replaced the belts, reattached the hose and filled with coolant. Drove back to Seattle with no issues.

Plug color looks good but the melting of the electrode is troubling!

Detonation maybe, borescope your cylinders would be the next step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom