Bolt on turbo kit (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heading up to Ouray a couple weeks ago I had my throttle to the floor for 30 minutes straight. OMG I felt so bad for the people behind me cussing. At least my pistons should be free and clear of any carbon. I cant wait for my turbo.

I have had mine installed and running, 800 miles no issues. Significant improvement and no regrets. Joey has been Great and during install very helpful, got back to me right away on any issue even on Sunday's. :):):)

I just hope by the time I'm ready to purchase a kit Joey hasn't lost his mind trying to get the pieces together from everywhere and says fk it! Definitely appreciate seeing updates and the other install threads of successful installations.

I just hope by the time I'm ready to purchase a kit Joey hasn't lost his mind trying to get the pieces together from everywhere and says fk it! Definitely appreciate seeing updates and the other install threads of successful installations.

Oh I think about doing exactly that everyday. I’m 100% committed to getting the rest of these out but I think it would have been smarter of me to never have done it in the first place 🤔

But that’s because of the major incidents that have occurred. If those never happened, yeah I’d be in a better spot mentally 😜

Who's going to be at SAS with one of these things and wants to race?

Oh I think about doing exactly that everyday. I’m 100% committed to getting the rest of these out but I think it would have been smarter of me to never have done it in the first place 🤔

But that’s because of the major incidents that have occurred. If those never happened, yeah I’d be in a better spot mentally 😜
Probably wouldn't be as frustrating if this stupid virus thing didn't happen. Both in supplier issues and people being at home with more time to actually do their projects like me LOL.

So I’ve had this “1FZ-FTE” cloth patch since I acquired my turbo kit.

I wasn’t sure what to do with it at first, but then i came up with an idea.

I took the patch & dyed it teal to match Joey’s “flip off” more-al patch that I purchased.

D2256B2E-9A1C-46E1-AE08-5F04E56AB4B7.jpeg

I purchased a black NewEra hat to complete the ensemble.

271A2DD9-1367-43FE-AA73-F185843D0035.jpeg

it came together pretty rad. Now I have a hat to brag about my turbo-enabled engine! 😁

4376C41F-9A70-49CC-BE01-7C3CD93BED2D.jpeg

4DE946BE-273A-4424-9BC5-9B0CB04CFD4A.jpeg

So, running into a new issue. Rubbing hood insulator on the MAF housing, multiple tubing/silicone joints, throttle cable, etc.
FWIW, turbo now has around 1000 miles, 300 on dirt.
Motor mounts done at time of turbo install.
Looks like stuff is rubbing/melting on the hood insulator. It's not sagging at all and was in great shape prior to the turbo stuff. Anyone else seeing similar symptoms?
Bit concerning its even rubbing on my intake/MAF housing. Not sure how this would get any lower.
20200727_190636.jpg

20200727_190533.jpg

20200727_190619.jpg

20200727_190630.jpg
20200727_190622.jpg

Expected. You have introduced a BUNCH of stuff the designers did not take into consideration. When I did my supercharger 20 years ago I ended up carving out pieces of the hood insulator and a portion of a metal hood brace.

I only have it on one small spot at the MAF. The MAF moves to the back but since the air cleaner isn’t parallel to the ground, it moves up if moved to the back and down if moved to the front. Not much can be done about it. The other spot is because your turbo’s compressor outlet is pointed slightly upwards instead of being parallel with the ground. That pushes the accelerator cable higher.

And it’s not melted, it’s just rubbed away.

Expected. You have introduced a BUNCH of stuff the designers did not take into consideration. When I did my supercharger 20 years ago I ended up carving out pieces of the hood insulator and a portion of a metal hood brace.

I only have it on one small spot at the MAF. The MAF moves to the back but since the air cleaner isn’t parallel to the ground, it moves up if moved to the back and down if moved to the front. Not much can be done about it. The other spot is because your turbo’s compressor outlet is pointed slightly upwards instead of being parallel with the ground. That pushes the accelerator cable higher.

And it’s not melted, it’s just rubbed away.

Paranoid me thanks you for both for easy reassuring responses.
I'll clock the compressor back down a wee bit and see if i can rotate the 180* connector post MAF clockwise a bit to lower that joint. Thought my compressor was clocked pretty dang flat but must not be enough.
Thanks!

Paranoid me thanks you for both for easy reassuring responses.
I'll clock the compressor back down a wee bit and see if i can rotate the 180* connector post MAF clockwise a bit to lower that joint. Thought my compressor was clocked pretty dang flat but must not be enough.
Thanks!

Curious, what is this?

C0335523-F84F-4229-B252-E94C38F183D9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom