Bolt on turbo kit (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Giggity turbo giggity!

I certainly hope you've prepped the dog house appropriately. Perhaps start a new thread "I got a turbo and now I'm homeless....." :bang:

I'm thinking this turbo will be my midlife crisis toy and I'm divorced so no dog houses for me :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Congratulations Joey !

We all new that if you got your mits into this project, it would be first class and you have not disappointed. So looking forward to reading their reviews after customers have installed the kit. It truly is a game changer for these vehicles and will breath new interest into them from the community.

Regards,

Getting some bits in today which is perfect timing since it looks like the next turbo is ready to go. By Monday the next 3-5.

The 3 remaining turbines arrived last night so now the remainder of the first nine aren’t roadblocked.

Getting some bits in today which is perfect timing since it looks like the next turbo is ready to go. By Monday the next 3-5.

The 3 remaining turbines arrived last night so now the remainder of the first nine aren’t roadblocked.

Are those bits including the down-pipe to cat exhaust part?

I didn’t see the band clamp hold-down bits that make them look tidy-er & additional heat wrap for A/C line. They could be in there, but I could have missed them. Just wanted to confirm.

I should have my rig at my shop in the next hour. I’m beyond super excited to get this on!

Thanks again Joey. 😁

Are those bits including the down-pipe to cat exhaust part?

Yup

I didn’t see the band clamp hold-down bits that make them look tidy-er

Those aren't part of the kit. This is mainly because there are a few ways to handle if that, if one is inclined, and even for myself I haven't settled on something for my own truck. I'm hoping the band clamp-ons will fit the bill for me.

additional heat wrap for A/C line. They could be in there, but I could have missed them. Just wanted to confirm.

Doh! Yes, I did miss that. I'll send it out.

jjdeneen918, what shop are you using ?

I have a shop in west Long Beach. I’ve been going there with my 80 series for over a decade.
Owner is Arturo, he owns, or did (not sure now), an 80 series Land Cruiser. So he knows all about our rigs.
I literally just dropped it off right now. I’ve been talking about this turbo with Arturo for over a year now. I think he is just as excited to install it as I am. 😁
I did tell him I have the first production kit & would be posting online about it. He said to tell my friends that he would welcome the business for installation for anyone else that is looking for a shop.
And after my install, he will have intimate knowledge of the kit & install.
F51B2504-A807-4138-860B-FE5320969183.png

Yup

Those aren't part of the kit. This is mainly because there are a few ways to handle if that, if one is inclined, and even for myself I haven't settled on something for my own truck. I'm hoping the band clamp-ons will fit the bill for me.

Doh! Yes, I did miss that. I'll send it out.

The Clamp-Aid band covers, I didn’t check what size I would need & quantity. Let me know so I can track those down today.

The extra bits that just arrived, can I blast out to you tomorrow & pick those up? Rig is in the shop 😁, so I’ll have to ride my motorcycle. I’m assuming the exhaust section & anything else will fit in my backpack?

So I like the Clamp-Aid hose clamp guards. I’m going to use them for my build. Use the 1/2” to go with the clamps I provide.

124585C3-FF39-46D3-8746-4E7ADCC14458.jpeg

Clamp-aid..... I have never seen another turbo forum complain about worm clamps. No one better complain about the cost of this kit. You did it to yourself! Lol.

So I like the Clamp-Aid hose clamp guards. I’m going to use them for my build. Use the 1/2” to go with the clamps I provide.

View attachment 2064875

Wait.... you’re NOT going to offer those with Wit’s End laser etched into the surface???

From a spare parts perspective, please have a "kit" of your turbo hose clamps available, as most clamps are easily over torqued (either 75 or 95 lb-in is usually maximum depending on size and band thickness) and they will not hold after being over torqued.

I hope your install manual addresses proper torque for the clamps.

Most people ignore the torque and go after them, thus junking them right away.

We deal with this in the industrial market and it will apply here as well.

God bless replacement parts!

I contacted PTP about maybe making some dedicated downpipe blankets for the turbo kit. They came back and said no problem, just need to send them a downpipe to work from.

I bring this up because my SC’d truck ran really hot on the passenger floorboard ever since I switch to non-OEM cats and Y-pipe. I solved it by using this:

The same could work for the turbo downpipe or I could get a blingy lava blanket made. Thoughts? Please don’t ask price, no clue. But guaranteed to be more than an off the shelf part from Thermo-Tec

Last edited:
I contacted PTP about maybe making some dedicated downpipe blankets for the turbo kit. They came back and said no problem, just need to send them a downpipe to work from.

I bring this up because my SC’d truck ran really hot on the passenger floorboard ever since I switch to non-OEM cats and Y-pipe. I solved it by using this:

The same could work for the turbo downpipe or I could get a blingy lava blanket made. Thoughts? Please don’t ask price, no clue. But guaranteed to be more than an off the shelf part from Thermo-Tec

I’m interested!

You already know I am interested and will be doing extra heat management on the underside...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom