Bolt on performance muffler for 93-94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone sell a bolt on performance muffler for the 93-94 land cruiser, I see a borla for 95-97 but nothing else but stock for the 93-94, I want it to be a little bit louder than stock, what is the Bosal muffler, is that like a stock quiet replacement?

Havent seen a stock exhaust in a long time but isnt it welded on? no bolt flanges that i recall for just muffler.

Id just go to a mom n pop place and ask for a replacement and chose from the standard players.... all will be a bit louder than the stock system

Borla has replacement parts listed for 80 specifically and are probably the quietest but still louder than stock.
walker, dynomax, magnaflow, flowmaster (80,70,50,40) are probably a good guess in order of quiet to obnoxious :D
several threads on here if you search exhaust to see what others have chosen.

There are flanges on either side of the muffler.. most likely with extremely rusted bolts.

But.. the reason 93-94 and 95+ is different is the 93-94 has the exhaust coming over the frame after the cats.. 95+ is under.

As to whether performance exhaust are available.. I don't know.

If your open to some opinions, I wouldn't worry about a performance muffler. It won't help your HP enough for you to ever notice. It will make it louder and more annoying for you on long trips. I have done it both ways and much prefer the more stock like mufflers w resonator at the tip.

Havent seen a stock exhaust in a long time but isnt it welded on? no bolt flanges that i recall for just muffler.

Id just go to a mom n pop place and ask for a replacement and chose from the standard players.... all will be a bit louder than the stock system

Borla has replacement parts listed for 80 specifically and are probably the quietest but still louder than stock.
walker, dynomax, magnaflow, flowmaster (80,70,50,40) are probably a good guess in order of quiet to obnoxious :D
several threads on here if you search exhaust to see what others have chosen.

I just replaced exhaust and muffler from cat back. I went with a generic muffler that shop recommended. Only reason I replaced is because I chopped resonator to fit spare tire carrier. This made the fj80 "whistle" louder. New exhaust is 2.5". Sounds better and feels like I got a little less back pressure.
Like above quote, all are going to be louder. The drone is the part that I worry about on long trips at constant rpm. But hey, that's what the volume knob is for!

Is it true, all the companies that made a bolt on cat back exhaust system went out of business for this year range? There is nothing on google

Wouldn't some aftermarket bits and pieces from the Supra community work? Not direct bolt on, but performance oriented, and then one could have the previously mentioned mom and pop shop connect the dots for you. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom