Body rubber kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pigeaten

GOLD Star
Threads
Getting ready to paint Maynard my pig and looking for rubber gasket kit for all of Pig, suggestions?

ohhohohoho if only there was a way to watch a time lapse of facial expressions of the poor unsuspecting reader of that thread...

you guys are scaring me

The average price for a starter kit @ SLOCRUISERS was around $2500 and I’m still trying to hunt down all the bits and pieces that are not included in that kit.

When most discover PIG rubber pricing they abandon the restoration project and this would appear one of the primary reasons you see so many unfinished pigs for sale.

Good luck and post lots of pictures of your project.

Pigeaten,

What year are you looking for? The older ones have the wing windows and that adds to the expense. Some pieces are not available now (cargo window rubber), so some are trying different rubber with good results. A lot of the door rubbers are generic pieces and can be bought on the cheap. It's not a one stop shop anymore.

J Mack is right, rubber has to figured in as a major expense.

I knew going in to this that rubber would probably be about $2500, so not a surprise. I did think SLOcruisers had it all, so will have to look around

2 of mine are 1972, the other a 1976. But 1 of my 72's has later doors without wings

run the no wing doors to save 450...I think we need to be looking at how to do one off rubber casting. I hafta think that 3d printers could be useful for mold making, heck, we just commissioned a mold to be made for a rubber cap for PVC/ABS type fittings, as our product required these by the thousands and the manufacturer was still making sand molds to do 4 offs and breaking them post process and taking weeks to make small runs of several hundreds. these were a shelf kept product that sold in decent numbers, but not enough for these guys to pay for their own molds. We would have been fine with them, but needed more than that process could produce. altho they were ALOT rougher than the pieces our new mold makes, and more variant, by and large, they were decent. what I'm driving at, is, it's only sand and rubber...we drive fj55s. we are about as inventive as steam engine freaks, or at least, we'd better be...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom