BObed the 60 16in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm no welder but. You may want to clean the metal a little better before you weld much more. I noticed you are using a wire feed with no gas. Wire feed welders do not like contamination such as rust. I was specifically looking at the mount at the rear axle link. Second pic in post 31. I would hate to see that thing brake. It will brake only when you bind up the rear. When it lets go it will take your pinion with it.

Ask me how I know.

Been there, done that.

HOLY SH*IT that looks like a LOT OF WORK!
My wallet is tapped just doing an SOA, I can only imagine what youre going through.
I love the bobbed thing! Its looking really good and it will be nice as hell to get the ass end out of the rocks on those tight steep inclines!
I wish I had a tube bender!!! The x member for the trac bar would be sooooo much eaiser with one, not to mention CHEAPER!
Im wondering...
Couldnt you have added a mount for your trac bar on your t case x member? It looks sturdy enough for it?

Keep the pics coming!:beer:

Chicago

That truck looks awesome. I wish my 62 wasnt my DD so i could have some fun with it like that.....

Nice cut dude .. I need to do the same ..

choppin_006.sized.jpg

thanks guys... I hope it works well to ... and the wirenogas is just to tack it at home takin it to work to burn it in with a bigger unit ... an all areas are ground to bare metal some of the pics just dont look like it.... the xfer case member is the torq bar mount, got the sliders tacked today hope to take it to work nexted week and weld everthing up:grinpimp:

p.s. chicago I've been hordin parts for this for 3 years :eek: glad to finaly get them on something.... ROUND-UP HERE I COME :beer:

choppin_018.sized.jpg

choppin_019.sized.jpg

choppin_020.sized.jpg

tacked the sliders on

That looks really good. I like the idea of big tires and lots of fender chopping instead of more lift. Can't wait to see it working.

Yeah, that's what I've been up too, also. I actually like the look of my fromt fenders after trimming better than stock. It was a little scarry, but you just have to go for it. I'll get pics up when I start my build thread. SUA, eventually, with room for 37"

Picture_004.sized.jpg

got the tires on I need more trimin

Picture_024.sized.jpg

got the trorq bar tacked tonight

Picture_025.sized.jpg

and the sliders and kickers done

Picture_011.sized.jpg

That sir is a wonderfully ugly truck, i want one.

got the torq bar welded up , the front gears in , front shaft re re build :frown: cut once or somthing like that ;) the crawl box leak fixed . the half doors last peice weled in, and a rear cross member welded in I guess I can wheel it now ..... but I better do rear bump stops and shocks too huh ;p I dont think she will see any paint before round up

Last edited:
well i flexed it out at work to day ... sorry no pics and well i have to chop the fenders out about 3 in all the way around in the front :laughing: so much for only a in of up travel the rear clears great even with out a bump stop but the spring bends in all kinds of strange ways i guess i gota work on it more :grinpimp:

fender_choppin_001.sized.jpg

went to town on my fender tonight

fender_choppin_002.sized.jpg

got one side tacked both cut before I had to leave the shop

fender_choppin_004.sized.jpg

cut slots in the inner fender well to pull it out to weld it .. got abot 3in of new clearence and I need ever in jamminzz

should I have posted this in hard core to start with :grinpimp:

Just gotta say that I've been watching you build this 60 up and it is freakin AWESOME!! :cheers:

Good Job, keep it up!

Just gotta say that I've been watching you build this 60 up and it is freakin AWESOME!! :cheers:

Good Job, keep it up!

thanks I hope it work half as good as the parts and blood that I put into it ... cause if it brakes Mama will divorce me if I need to fix it after all this ;p

pajojo_005.sized.jpg

flexed it out before I left

pajojo_006.sized.jpg

had to trim ALOT off the front valance

pajojo_009.sized.jpg

it was rainin Weds when I left

pajojo_017.sized.jpg

went across the crack at the bottom of Aggie hwy and didnt even hit the rear jamminzz

pajojo_024.sized.jpg

ran back braker the nexted day ... than after this pic my camera dies :(

pajojo_093.sized.jpg

I layed it over on the side on the comp corse on Sat

pajojo_094.sized.jpg

these are pic from when I got home pushed the B piller in 3 in to the seat

pajojo_095.sized.jpg

the tint held the glass togetter till I drove home

had GREAT time ... looks like the chop top goin to happen sooner

Great job, that looks awesome. I like how you cut the fenders instead of lifting it more. Too bad youre gonna cut the top off, i love to see a big full bodied wagon wheeling hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom