BJ60 to HJ61 Body swap...the five year plan turned right now plan! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can help! I saw your post today, If you want send me a PM and Ill come up for the rest of the afternoon to help!

Sweatyforehead gets the double win today. He had the 200th comment on this thread, which deserves an alumni reader reward or something, and he came out to site and helped me put some last finishing touches on the rig before I leave tomorrow on a family adventure!

Talk about just barely making a deadline...seems everything has been completed plus a few more things too! Except the rear heater, that's still a mystery.

Anywho...to Mr. Sweaty for his willingness to drive up and help a brother out, I :clap: you.

PS: Sweaty took some pics with his actual camera so maybe he will show you some of the adventuring we did...for like 5 minutes ;)

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

AMAZING BUILD @PeeZed!
It was so great to come up and help you finish up the final touches to your 60, I hope your trip to the interior as a break-in run goes smoothly!

GnLUt3r.jpg

v8dGrZC.jpg

foZJnNN.jpg

zimTgjo.jpg

PpYgn5K.jpg

The height difference is really noticable, SUA vs SOA + HJ61 Rooftop
2T8xDcn.jpg

Made it to the Interior with zero issues. Temp gauge never rose above halfway. A turbo will be a welcome addition one day but overall I was surprised at how well it held up the hills. We actually made decent time.

Made it to the Interior with zero issues. Temp gauge never rose above halfway. A turbo will be a welcome addition one day but overall I was surprised at how well it held up the hills. We actually made decent time.

Right on, glad to hear!!

Nice cool winter air helps makes little diesels happy on the hills.

Ubber nice work man....

Had a great trip with zero real issues (just under 2000k round trip), but did learn a few things which need some attention:

- T-case shifter has a rattle at certain rpm's...like hwy driving rpm's! So annoying.
- Visors are either installed backwards or something with the HJ is different as they don't swivel without hitting the roof.
- Drivers door sounds loose inside when the window is rolled down. Also doesn't roll up all the way at highway speeds as it sits outside the felt.

Other than that, she ran like a beauty.

Just did the math on fuel economy. 10.58L/100km for the 2000km trip we just took, which is around 22mpg. Not amazing, but fully loaded over the Coq without a turbo and 437,000kms on the engine...I'll take it.

- Drivers door sounds loose inside when the window is rolled down. Also doesn't roll up all the way at highway speeds as it sits outside the felt.

Other than that, she ran like a beauty.

This is normal, ive never been able to fully roll down and back up my window while going over 90 km/h ....

Just did the math on fuel economy. 10.58L/100km for the 2000km trip we just took, which is around 22mpg. Not amazing, but fully loaded over the Coq without a turbo and 437,000kms on the engine...I'll take it.

Dude, that's 26.7 imp mpg!! Forget the US mpg. Very good! Especially for such a tall rig. 3B's always amaze me at the good fuel economy they get.

Happened into this thread somehow... read the whole thing. Very cool transformation. Love your truck. I need a 60...

Thanks Honger! I've since sold the truck to a happy new owner and got myself a BJ74 now :) I'll admit that having put so much time and effort into a project like this made it difficult to sell, but family first as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom