BJ60 hesitates when accessories are on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I recently purchased a BJ60 with 260k kilometers on it and I am a new member of the community. I posted under the 60 wagon thread already and they told me that I could get more responses here. As I drove it back from Ohio I noticed the engine hesitates on acceleration when I turn on the headlights or crank up the fan. It really bugs me because it would hesitate every 5 seconds or so going on the freeway. Have anybody experienced the same thing? I was wondering if the voltage regulator can cause problems like this since the tester threw out a code for failed VC when I had the guy see it at Autozone.
Update: Voltage drops from 13.8 to about 13.6 when all the accessories are on at idle, doesn't go up or down when revving.

Did you end up taking your EDIC rod off as I suggested in the other thread? This will determine if its the EDIC playing up or not.

Did you end up taking your EDIC rod off as I suggested in the other thread? This will determine if its the EDIC playing up or not.

Where do I find the EDIC system? I was trying to look under the hood for it but couldn't see it. Sorry if I sound like an idiot haha.

This is the rod you need to pop off.. if the problem stops when this rod is not installed.. you have an EDIC fault..

1598258101166.png

This is the rod you need to pop off.. if the problem stops when this rod is not installed.. you have an EDIC fault..

View attachment 2414387
Thank you! I just found it. I did not pop it off yet but I did see it moving every 5 seconds when the lights and fan are on, causing the engine to stop shortly. However once I turn them off the EDIC doesn’t move at all. What can this problem be?

Thank you! I just found it. I did not pop it off yet but I did see it moving every 5 seconds when the lights and fan are on, causing the engine to stop shortly. However once I turn them off the EDIC doesn’t move at all. What can this problem be?

As I said in the other thread:

This is a common problem with 2Hs and 3Bs. The EDIC is cycling to STOP briefly. Its usually poor engine or body earths and it usually happens more when there's a heavier electrical load on the alternator (eg headlights on). To fix it remake all your earth points (new terminals, wirewheel on the attachment points, new cables if necessary)..

9 times out of 10 this fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom