Bilstein 6112/5160 Installed (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know. That was the plan and kind of worked, but it ended up tweaking the top hat alignment with the coils and the shock body was rubbing the coil on the mid section. I ended Up pulling it out anyways to fix / do it over again. after the fact a day later 🤦🏽‍♂️ .
Ouch, good to know though

I just got my Bilstein setup installed as I noted a few weeks ago. (Stock 2013, Front Bilstein/SPC UCA, Rear Bilstein Shocks/OME 2721 Coils). I only rode it on the freeway so far and the car behaves great, much more control and not too harsh. I am at ~22" in the front and ~22.25" in rear (full tank and rear seats installed). I pretty much wanted a leveled look and went to 5th perch. Before the install I was at ~19.25 front and ~20.5" rear. I was thinking I should have gained more in the rear but it turned out even better. I will do some off-roading next week (MOAB) so things will settle and I will report how things behaved off-road. Sorry for the crappy pics....

View attachment 2638460

Question on the rear springs… ARB website says 2721 Are 0” lift… But it looks like you got lift…

Question on the rear springs… ARB website says 2721 Are 0” lift… But it looks like you got lift…

OME 2721 (even 2720) will give lift depending on loading.

My mostly unloaded truck with OME 2721 and the fronts on the lowest / first perch give these hub to fender measurements:

FL: 20 1/2
FR: 20 5/8
RL: 21 3/4
RR: 21 7/8

I have ARB drawers installed replacing the 3rd row seats, plus a battery back there, so maybe less that 100-150 lbs over stock?

BTW: I have a set of nearly new OME 2720 springs for sale if anyone is interested, same rate as the 2721 just lower. Shameless plug :)

Last edited:
I still have not received my lift kit from AJ USA, ordered on 4.21.21. They are now saying it should arrive in September. Anyone else having this issue?

I still have not received my lift kit from AJ USA, ordered on 4.21.21. They are now saying it should arrive in September. Anyone else having this issue?
Have you checked Summit Racing?

I think I forgot to post the pic here but recently swapped the stock rear springs for OME 2720. Fronts are on the lowest perch. (sorry for the bad pic. I'll take a better pic of anyone wants to see it)

LC.jpeg

How is the road noise with the tires on the freeway? Also, how do they track at higher speeds above 70mph? I am a little annoyed by my Rodge Grapplers at higher speed. They seem a lot louder compared to my previous KO2 35”s

No I have not. I wanted to see if anyone else has ordered from AJ USA and is still waiting for their order.
If you come across my post #530 in this thread, I had the same feeling it was going to take a while after ordering. AJUSA was upfront with me about it, they're at the mercy of the manufacturer (I hear that's quite common across a lot of products these current days) Also, I did call several other suspension companies and was told August at the earliest.

I still gave them the sale for the rear setup, I appreciated their honesty and helping out the Mud community, and then I found and bought the front from Summit.

Last edited:
If you come across my post in this thread #530, I had the same feeling it was going to take a while after ordering. AJUSA was upfront with me about it, they're at the mercy of the manufacturer (I hear that's quite common across a lot of products these current days)

I still gave them the sale for the rear setup, I appreciated their honesty and helping out the Mud community, and then I found and bought the front from Summit.
I’ve got mine from them too, legit outfit…

Shout out to @FerrisBueller for linking up and pushing me over the edge to pull the trigger on this setup.

Does anyone have any leads on where to find them in stock?!

Would also appreciate any feedback in regards to the rear setup on the HE. I believe in stock form they sit at ~22" center hub to fender already, correct me if I am wrong. No third row but I do have a truck vault in the rear loaded with misc gear adding roughly 150-200lbs 99% of the time and will tow a side by side from time to time, ~180lbs of tongue weight. My plan was to go with the Bilstein setup coupled with progressive rate springs in the rear to help firm it up. Any suggestions or insights here would be greatly appreciated!

I ordered mine around the same time. I'm also waiting. They sent me out the rears bc they had them in stock and I asked if they would send them out. Hope to get them in soon.

ajusa.com still has these available at the middle price point ($1360 for all parts combined, including rear springs).

I just ordered. Free shipping AND no sales tax was charged. Saved $400 compared to 4WP

They also have the combined package WITHOUT rear springs for $1250

Pro-tip. BILSTEIN10 10% off coupon does not work for these kits but does work for individual parts.

I just placed an ala carte order for the front kit and rear shocks (no springs) and it worked.

I have an almost new set of OME 2720 in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom