Big Tires / Little Axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious what biggest size tires most people would be comfortable putting on Chromo 30 spline toyota axles. The bigger you go I understand you will start breaking things and also depending on how conservative or aggressive your driving style is on the trail. One friend of mine ran 38" Super Swamper Boggers on his (non chromo) axles for more than 15 years before anything broke. So what is your opinion and experience?
Much appreciated.

I'm running 39" red label BFG on my mini truck axles.
All chromoly inners and hub gears.

My buggy is a Sami 1.3L, 5 speed, 6.5 tcase gears.
5:71 diff gears that are welded.

Now saying all this; I don't hammer on throttle, don't have HP to hammer but haven't broken any axles.

Nitro sells a 32 spline front axle kit FYI. U need to have 80 series knuckles, and a 100 series third member. As far as 30 spline chromos. I have a relative with a minitruck with a 3.4 supercharger Toyota v6 and a fj60 front axle with 30 spline rcvs. 39 inch iroks. He is pretty hard on it. The front has held up great. I would say 39s are the limit unless your in a very light rig.

Thank you. Considering I just installed the 6 stud knuckles and already have 30 spline chromos, I don't think I would change up this soon. Maybe once things start to break.

Chromo's are very tough. Weight can be a killer tho. If you have everything including the kitchen sink in your rig. Chances of breakage increases significantly.

I've run 38" swampers on upgraded Toyota axles and would do it again. They are certianly stronger than a D44.

The only problem I had was breaking steering arms out of the knuckles and you Fixed that problem
38.5 boggers air locker and stock birfields
And a 4100 lb rig weight

40" on my 60 series front axle with nitro 30 spline set .. the magic happen with my little under powered 2H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom