Big Poppa on BaT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CIR

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.canaryislandrover.com
It is official. The unicorn Land Cruiser HDJ80, known as "Big Poppa", is headed to a NO RESERVE auction on BringaTrailer.com soon. The submission has been accepted and the auction page is being constructed. If you would like to see it in person now is the time to plan your travel to Santa Cruz de Tenerife - there are direct flights from Newark to Tenerife several times a week.

This HDJ80 is a LHD in its original configuration with merely 58,900 KMS (documented), which was purchased from the original owner in February 2021. The factory Medium Red Pearl paint is in very good condition, and the original Sonoma (grey) cloth interior is also in great condition. The 4.2L inline 6 cylinder turbo diesel 1HD-FT motor operates like new, and gets over 21 MPG with mixed use (highway and city). The 5 speed manual transmission H151F with dual speed transfer case shifts like butter, and it sports factory triple lockers in good working order. The air conditioning system blows cold and has been upgraded to R134 gas. It has dual airbags. There is ZERO RUST on this vehicle, and the underbody shows like new. It has been recently deep cleaned inside and out, and the chassis has been treated with an Italian product called Lubrigraph.

Since acquiring it I have had all mechanical work performed at Toyota Nivaria in Santa Cruz de Tenerife by my dedicated mechanic (who has 27 years of experience with Toyota). All work performed under my ownership includes motor oil and filter change, new air filter, new fuel filter, differential and gear box oil changed. Timing belt and related components changed including water pump, thermostat, and exterior belts. Steering pump was repaired with a kit of new seals. Front and ear brake discs and pads were replaced. Steering knuckles were serviced with new seals and bearings. Two front shocks were replaced. All of these services were performed in April 2021 with OEM Toyota parts at Toyota, which is documented with receipts and the official Service History report from Toyota. It was last serviced in May 2022 with a rear driver side window motor replacement and rear window guides. During that servicing the motor oil was changed with new filter. All fluid levels were inspected, as well as, the three locking differentials. This 80 is prepared to drive anywhere wit five new BF Goodrich AT KO2 tires - four in April 2021, and the fifth spare tire in May 2022, and two new batteries in March 2022.

The four wheel arches were repainted at Toyota Nivaria, as well as, the front and rear bumpers. The vehicle was polished at Toyota Nivaria in April 2021 and May 2022. The 80 comes with a high quality satin car cover in matching burgundy tone, handmade in Spain. The only item not original to the vehicle is an aftermarket Pioneer stereo unit.

I can elaborate on the previous ownership history, they had a home on the island of La Palma (Canary Islands) and also lived in Venezuela. They spent a period of time in Spain then would return to Venezuela for a period of time, and so on. The vehicle was never off roaded, and was used only for short trips into town from their home. La Palma is a very small island, recently made famous for its volcanic eruption in 2021. All major service was conducted at Toyota on La Palma, and I have the official Service History document of the previous ownership to verify the accuracy of KMS. In addition, starting in 2012 the Spanish safety and inspection testing began recoding the KMS on every test, which also verify the accuracy of the KMS. Spain has mandatory vehicle testing every year.

I have been shipping vehicles for export around the world since 2015, and I will assist in the logistics from door to door. I have a reliable professional network of freight forwarders and import agents to assist in the transport to the next owner anywhere in the world.

Toyota Nivaria was the first Toyota dealership in Spain beginning in the early 1970s, they have since changed names and owners. The service center is a massive 50,000 sq ft warehouse, which includes the mechanical service, paint and body work, and parts department. The vehicle was purchased new at Blandy Toyota, a previous iteration of the same Toyota dealership and location.

My dedicated mechanic has 27 years of experience at Toyota and is an award winning Toyota mechanic. He works on all my vehicles for myself and my clients. I work very closely with Toyota Nivaria for servicing Land Cruisers - one a month for export.

No expense nor corners were spared in this vehicle preparation for the next owner.

The vehicle turned 25 years old on June 17, 2022, and I have the official Toyota documentation stating the date of manufacturing.

There are very few 80 Series preserved in this type of condition, and this might be the only European Spec HDJ80 available like this.

More information can be found on my website along with a full photo gallery: 1997 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER HDJ80 24 VALVE - CANARY ISLAND ROVER - https://www.canaryislandrover.com/project/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-hdj80-24-valve/

If you would like to discuss the vehicle, please, send me a PM or make an appointment to see it in person.

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Exterior -3.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Exterior -25.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Interior-36.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Engine-14.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Chassis-38.jpg

Feel free to ask questions about the vehicle here on this forum.

By the way, this will be my 17th BringaTrailer auction dating back to January 2016.

Enjoy some more pics :)

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Chassis-9.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Chassis-16.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Chassis-25.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Engine-16.jpg

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM Engine-27.jpg

Dang, that thing is pretty sweet!

Reactions: CIR
Wow, what a sale price! Congratulations! Nicely speced 80. Arguably the best specs, LHD, 5 speed, diesel.

Wow, what a sale price! Congratulations! Nicely speced 80. Arguably the best specs, LHD, 5 speed, diesel.
I agree, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom