Bi-Xenon Retro-Fit Simplified! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I feel ya. Mine are perfect till your about a 100 feet away from the wall then the passengers side's rotation is off a bit.

Thanks Chef J for the write up and testing this out for others.

I have had the Depos for months just waiting to find an affordable projector that was easy to install.

After seeing your setup and the simple install, I will pull the trigger on buying these Moritomo projectors.

Last edited:
Will these fit LX450?

DEPO 1991-1997 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER CRYSTLA HEADLIGHTS: eBay Motors (item 170531539899 end time Sep-22-10 16:51:41 PDT)

When you are talking about heating up the light housing, are you talking about the depo housing you buy from eBay?

Anyone know if the 96 LX450 lights are the same depo as the 96 Landcruiser

I have the Slee light harness. Do I plug the new setup into both the high beam and the low beam like it is know?

Lastly, do we have a write up someplace on taking the whole light assemble off and putting in the new one in?

I am assuming this mod does not touch the original light housing. Am I correct?

Last edited:
bahh, so where one finds Depo for LX450?

unfortunately nowhere. A few people have made lc lights work on lx's. I'm pretty sure you only have to trim the grill a bit and there will be a little gap.

Beeha :-(, what about modding the OEM LX450 lights housing to take the Xenon projectors?

It would not work as the glass lenses are ribbed/textured and you would have to grind/sand them down if you want to do the projector conversion.

It's not worth it (Don't ask me how I know this! :hillbilly:) and it would not look as clean/shiny as the DEPO option.

I would just get the DEPO's and look for a used LC grille either here or from cruiserparts.net.

Good luck!

you can also get a LC grill like I did works fine, just has about inch gaps where the headlight trim meets the grill i believe. hardly noticeable.

I found a re-pop LC grill online for $29 that had A provision for a 5.5" emblem, you could likely use that and just put the Lexus emblem on it. The grill looks pretty good too, I painted my new Depo trim and corners to match the darker grey and am currently waiting on an EBay delivery of a new chrome emblem to complete the entirely new front end.

whats wrong with gold? :flipoff2:

So there is a lot to be said for leaving well enough alone. Last night I tried to dial in the alignment just a touch more, One touch too far apparently. I popped the reflector bowl off right out of the ball joint effectively aiming the projector at the ground about 10 feet in front of my rig
First thing this morning the whole passenger side went back in the oven, split the case again and re-mount the reflector bowl. No damage other than to my ego and I should mention this had nothing to do with the retro-fit parts simply my dumb OCD A$$.
All is well now, just a word of caution to those doing this mod. The Depo reflectors can un-mount themselves if your not careful so once you have it aimed try to find satisfaction and leave well enough alone.
Since I have gotten pretty good at pulling these apart, I plan to do it again with the spare set of Depos I have in storage. in a few weeks there might just be a set of lights retro-fitted and ready to go up for grabs if anyone is interested. They admittedly are only about 98% perfect and as I mentioned I am a little OCD about my truck so I want the set I keep to be 100%.

UPDATE
Second and final draft completed and installed. Not much use for pics as all similar parts were used just done a little and really clean, OCD style. Thanks to Idaho Doug for the headlight protection film, a lot of time and $ went into them, I'd hate to have a random stone ruin it all. I went with an imported PIAA Northern Star White H1 bulb for the high beams trying to get a good color match to the 5000K HID bulbs, they are really really close in color and the whole thing is ridiculously bright when they are all on. I did end up with the original set sitting in a box ready to go and just waiting for a new home.

UPDATE
Second and final draft completed and installed. Not much use for pics as all similar parts were used just done a little and really clean, OCD style. Thanks to Idaho Doug for the headlight protection film, a lot of time and $ went into them, I'd hate to have a random stone ruin it all. I went with an imported PIAA Northern Star White H1 bulb for the high beams trying to get a good color match to the 5000K HID bulbs, they are really really close in color and the whole thing is ridiculously bright when they are all on. I did end up with the original set sitting in a box ready to go and just waiting for a new home.

Chef J - Can you confirm what the exact PIAA part number and kelvin is for the PIAA Northern Star White H1 bulbs that you used?

I have seen 4400k PIAA Northern Star Extreme White H1 bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5642a0d6b9
and a PIAA 5100k Southern Star White
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/09-P...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4839d01b36
but no 5000k Northern Star option in my searching.

Which one of these types of bulbs, the ones in the links above, did you use?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The first link, Northern Star H-632 is the one I found closest to the Mori 5k bulbs. They aren't perfect but pretty damn near, Im pretty sure that's the same seller and price I paid too.

So whatever happened to the first set that you made?

GA Trevor said:
So whatever happened to the first set that you made?

Trevor
They are in a box in my garage waiting for someone who's interested, PM me if that's you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom