Bezels! Square bezels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84380#msg84380 date=1073239512]
Dianna,
Ken was referring to the punch line of an obscure blonde joke, and I was merely acknowledging it. No disrespect was intended. ...

Now, as for the non-blondes who knowingly choose to relabel themselves with this blazing symbol of genetic liability....well, one has to wonder.

;)

[/quote]

Wasn't offended IDave, I've heard all the jokes! I was actually born blonde and I can prove i'm a natural blonde :eek: (hope you got that!) My parents are both part Cherokee so who knows where my blonde hair came from!

I think the upside down bezels are because people just realize that they are upside down. You are doing the FJ40 community a service by getting the word out! ;) I'm glad i saw you tell someone on the board about theirs or i would have never known mine was upside down!

[quote author=Dianna link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84402#msg84402 date=1073241927]
Wasn't offended IDave, I've heard all the jokes! I was actually born blonde and I can prove i'm a natural blonde :eek: (hope you got that!) My parents are both part Cherokee [/quote] :flipoff2:

If you guys had the proper Bezel, there would be no doubt as to how it goes on..........
Butch :flipoff2:

Texican, you have to go to a different website for those pics, wouldn't wanna get :ban: from IH8MUD!!! But maybe for a good set of fenders... never know what i might be willing to do!!! :eek:

Ahh, Butch. The sine qua non of Land Cruiser bezels. Looks great there. Is it Ehsan's, or an OEM?

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84482#msg84482 date=1073254940]
Ahh, Butch. The sine qua non of Land Cruiser bezels. Looks great there. Is it Ehsan's, or an OEM?
[/quote]

It's OEM, I bought a 63 with a shot transfer case in 95, swapped in a later setup and an offset rear end, sold it and kept several rare parts off of it. The hinge mount OEM mirrors on my truck came from it also.
Butch

[quote author=Dianna link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84469#msg84469 date=1073253601]
Texican, you have to go to a different website for those pics, wouldn't wanna get :ban: from IH8MUD!!! But maybe for a good set of fenders... never know what i might be willing to do!!! :eek:
[/quote]
I check all thos type pix for Woody prior to him getting them so just send them direct to me.....
How about getting an all new rust proof front end?
Butch

I got an OEM bezel for Christmas from my wife. It still needs some straightening and, since it is originally chrome, I will probably have it rechromed. Either that or paint it Cruiser White like yours, Butch. Can't decide.

8)

Dianna, I'll review those pics if you don't trust Butch to do it.....

I just know mine is chrome. AFAIK, 1962-1963 were the only years with the lettering.

Whats all the trash talk about square bezel's? You all know you wished you had a '79 or later model so just accept your inadiquacies and move on. You don't see us laughing at you guys because our brakes are better, bunch of tartuffe's.

Any cruiser Bezel is cool. Though, I don't think a square one should be an on an older model. And I wouldn't put a round one on mine.

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84499#msg84499 date=1073256623]
I got an OEM bezel for Christmas from my wife. It still needs some straightening and, since it is originally chrome, I will probably have it rechromed. Either that or paint it Cruiser White like yours, Butch. Can't decide.

8)
[/quote]

I would do some serious research prior to having it chromed, I have never seen a OEM chrome one, seen some that were chromed by the dealer, had a 73 that had the bezel, vent at the base of the WS and running boards chromed, I got it from the original owner, he bought it in LA and all the cruisers on the lot were done like this by the dealer, charged $100 for the chrome package.

[quote author=ResidualBoulders link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84510#msg84510 date=1073257436]
Whats all the trash talk about square bezel's? You all know you wished you had a '79 or later model so just accept your inadiquacies and move on. You don't see us laughing at you guys because our brakes are better, bunch of tartuffe's.

Any cruiser Bezel is cool. Though, I don't think a square one should be an on an older model. And I wouldn't put a round one on mine.
[/quote]

IMHO it's all personal taste, but I would not go to the trouble to swap one out to the square type, if you look at my truck I have the older style Toyota in the grille, cause I like it better, as soon as I get a good set, it will have the 73 era signals on it also.....you gotta admit though the emossed bezel is the s***z.....
Butch

[quote author=IDave link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84503#msg84503 date=1073256898]
I just know mine is chrome. AFAIK, 1962-1963 were the only years with the lettering.
[/quote]
It's my opinion the embossed bezel was only on the 63's, I know I had a 62 that did not have it, and the 63 did.
And I have read the same info about the 62's ahving it also, Henry Cubillan has an extensive collection of factory brochures, the 62 era does not show it, but the 63 does, of course it really don't matter, since we don't have concourse type judging on our trucks.
Butch

Yeah, I've been wondering, too. If it was chromed aftermarket, it was a LONG time ago. The red lettering was made up (what was left of it) from opalescent tape, not paint. Does that sound right?

Maybe the 1962-1963 refers to the 1963 model year, which would make it just that year.

Dave you mean that you may have a Bezel that the previous owner may have modified and you haven't returned it to stock condition?

[quote author=Texican link=board=1;threadid=9585;start=msg84514#msg84514 date=1073257695]
I would do some serious research prior to having it chromed, I have never seen a OEM chrome one, seen some that were chromed by the dealer, had a 73 that had the bezel, vent at the base of the WS and running boards chromed, I got it from the original owner, he bought it in LA and all the cruisers on the lot were done like this by the dealer, charged $100 for the chrome package.
[/quote]

I have seen OEM square bezels that are chromed......it was an option in Japan at least.

I'll have to dig thru my lit to check on the Land Cruiser bezel as to what years. I have seen a few 62's without, but who knows if someone swaped it out or sold it or ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom