Best source for 2F rebuild kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I wanted to pick the brains of the experts on here. Anyone that has rebuilt their 2F. I am thinking I want to freshen mine up. I haven't rebuilt a 2F before. I have rebuilt other engines, so I have some engine rebuilds under my belt. But I know that every engine can have its quirks.

Where is the best place to purchase a rebuild kit? I will probably do a master kit type rebuild if pistons and all are available.
I guess I should tear the engine down and have the block and crank checked first, to see if I can go back with standard stuff or if I need to go over sized.
Any pointers on this job is appreciated.
It will be hard to have the FJ out of commission long, as I enjoy driving it so much, but would like to freshen the motor.
Thanks.

If your 2F has good compression and is running fine, why the need to rebuild it? Here is a thread with some links for rebuild kits. 2f rebuild kits JimC is now selling oversized domed pistons should you need them. I would also use the chevy valves he uses. Make sure your local machine shop has knowledge of the 2F, many don't.

If your 2F has good compression and is running fine, why the need to rebuild it? .

I have some oil leaks and such. I'm going to pull the engine to freshen things up. And I want to check the mains and such while I have it out. If it looks like it could use some new stuff I'm going to rebuild it. Want my ducks in a row before I pull the engine as to what I might need and where I might find it. Also I like rebuilding engines and am pretty fussy about oil leaks. I haven't run a compression check lately and do plan to do that. I try to keep this 40 in top shape. Last state inspection the guy said "Man, that thing is as clean underneath as on top".

I have some oil leaks and such. I'm going to pull the engine to freshen things up. And I want to check the mains and such while I have it out. If it looks like it could use some new stuff I'm going to rebuild it. Want my ducks in a row before I pull the engine as to what I might need and where I might find it. Also I like rebuilding engines and am pretty fussy about oil leaks. I haven't run a compression check lately and do plan to do that. I try to keep this 40 in top shape. Last state inspection the guy said "Man, that thing is as clean underneath as on top".
Hello,

New to this, I just purchased a 1979 cruiser FJ40. I need some help, the complete heater assembly is stripped out. I have the blower motor, heater box and the two hoses to connect to defrosters. I have searched for days trying to find a good diagram of exactly how it all connects. I am not very computer savvy. I am hoping someone can help, I live in Wisconsin and it’s 4 degrees s. Sorry if this is posted to the wrong post, like I said new to this. Thanks very much.

Hello,

New to this, I just purchased a 1979 cruiser FJ40. I need some help, the complete heater assembly is stripped out. I have the blower motor, heater box and the two hoses to connect to defrosters. I have searched for days trying to find a good diagram of exactly how it all connects. I am not very computer savvy. I am hoping someone can help, I live in Wisconsin and it’s 4 degrees s. Sorry if this is posted to the wrong post, like I said new to this. Thanks very much.

try this thread
2F with no heater

also the SOR (spector offroad) site has a page on heater rebuild kits with good diagrams

good luck, ty
:beer:

i'd be interested in what engine re-build kits are currently available as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom