Best phone mount and location GX 460 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have any pics of this? I’m leaning this way bc it seems pretty solid and only $15. Just wondering what all the phone blocks in this position. I don’t think I own a single CD anymore.
About the only thing that bothers me is it blocks my view of the clock sometimes. Yesterday I even had my 8” tablet on it for navigation during some snow wheeling
97BAC42C-E900-46E9-A995-5CF599062A19.jpeg

About the only thing that bothers me is it blocks my view of the clock sometimes. Yesterday I even had my 8” tablet on it for navigation during some snow wheeling View attachment 2888842
Just ordered. Thanks for all the input.
I’ll update with my opinion and if it doesn’t work out there’s free returns and I can spend more on the more permanent options!

About the only thing that bothers me is it blocks my view of the clock sometimes. Yesterday I even had my 8” tablet on it for navigation during some snow wheeling View attachment 2888842
When I saw this it made me remember a few years back my manager had a cd slot mount but it had 3 ball sockets for mounting multiple items. I really like the RAM mounts (use them in my buggy and LX450 while doing some pretty tough wheeling so I know they will take the abuse) and it looks like I can connect them to this. Just waiting for it to arrive to confirm. And like most, the cd player is NEVER used. With the triple setup, I can mount my phone, the handheld HAM radio and my passenger has a place to put their phone as well. I'll post back when it arrives.

Scosche magnet mount works awesome, I use that for all my vehicles.

When I saw this it made me remember a few years back my manager had a cd slot mount but it had 3 ball sockets for mounting multiple items. I really like the RAM mounts (use them in my buggy and LX450 while doing some pretty tough wheeling so I know they will take the abuse) and it looks like I can connect them to this. Just waiting for it to arrive to confirm. And like most, the cd player is NEVER used. With the triple setup, I can mount my phone, the handheld HAM radio and my passenger has a place to put their phone as well. I'll post back when it arrives.

This looks really cool! Only concern I see here is it’s starting to be a lot of weight and leverage on the cd slot plastic trim. I’m just doing the phone. Let us know how it works out after a little time with it.

I know this is pricey, but you literally cannot get a better one-handed operation phone mount than the Hondo Garage mounting system. In my opinion, of course. The mother sucker mount is easy to move to any vehicle with a windshield and holds tight for good!

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.15.40 AM.png

I know this is pricey, but you literally cannot get a better one-handed operation phone mount than the Hondo Garage mounting system. In my opinion, of course. The mother sucker mount is easy to move to any vehicle with a windshield and holds tight for good!

View attachment 2892232

Loved my Honda mount before switching to 67D. Had it back when I drove a Tacoma.

Loved my Honda mount before switching to 67D. Had it back when I drove a Tacoma.
Hah! I loved my 67D before I found the Hondo Mount! Had it on my Tacoma as well! A prime example of: To each, their own.

Well, got the CD Slot Mount in today and while it looks like it would be plenty strong enough to do some off-roading with, it will not fit the slot in the GX. I didn’t realize until today that it’s an in dash multi disc player. So I guess the way it loads cd’s is the issue. It fits perfectly in the wife’s Tundra. So back to square one for me for the GX. I’ll see if the wife or one of the kids wants it. Not worth shipping it back to the UK.
image.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: r2m
I used the blank for the adjustable suspension button. This was not exactly a super easy job but worth it for my tastes. I reinforced the little plastic blank with some jb weld and it's been on the car for almost two years now, never had an issue.

IMG_4989.JPG

I used the blank for the adjustable suspension button. This was not exactly a super easy job but worth it for my tastes. I reinforced the little plastic blank with some jb weld and it's been on the car for almost two years now, never had an issue.

View attachment 2899248
Can you do a photo that's pulled back a little to see more of how it sits?

I used an old Scosche Magic mount with a magsafe charger double sided taped to it. Works great, single handed operation, keeps it charged. I have an iPhone 12 mini so I stuck it on the only spot that's visible from my peripheral vision and didn't interfere with the vents. I still need to pop the start/stop trim panel off and tuck the wire, but I'm really happy with it so far.

IMG_4702.jpeg

Can you do a photo that's pulled back a little to see more of how it sits?
Sure here you go. I really like it since it looks super low profile and stock-ish. This GX is my wife's mom-mobile so it doesn't need anything robust, it moves and is adjustable somewhat and it works with her pop socket she has on her phone.

IMG_0282.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg

Amazon product ASIN B0862X4K9Sthat's the phone mount in case anyone cares

I used an old Scosche Magic mount with a magsafe charger double sided taped to it. Works great, single handed operation, keeps it charged. I have an iPhone 12 mini so I stuck it on the only spot that's visible from my peripheral vision and didn't interfere with the vents. I still need to pop the start/stop trim panel off and tuck the wire, but I'm really happy with it so far.

View attachment 2899280
Just a suggestion, you may want to add another USB port under your dash and just tuck that cord under your dash instead of having going into your ash tray.
Also with another USB that you add, you can have it be hard wired (with a fuse of course) to your battery so it's always on. Then whenever you put your phone on it you don't have to worry about having the ignition on. I have a dedicated hard wired USB and it's great for camping and charging phones over night. I don't have leave the ignition on, which wouldn't work anyways, since it shuts off after about 20 minutes.

Just a suggestion, you may want to add another USB port under your dash and just tuck that cord under your dash instead of having going into your ash tray.
Also with another USB that you add, you can have it be hard wired (with a fuse of course) to your battery so it's always on. Then whenever you put your phone on it you don't have to worry about having the ignition on. I have a dedicated hard wired USB and it's great for camping and charging phones over night. I don't have leave the ignition on, which wouldn't work anyways, since it shuts off after about 20 minutes.
I'm going to do a new USB port behind the dash for it, but it's still going to be ignition switched. I don't like things being on when the ignition is off unless absolutely necessary. I don't like to find out something used power overnight by going to start my truck and it's battery is dead. My phone is almost never low on battery anyway.

Reactions: r2m
This is the one I installed today in the same location after the failed attempt with the cd slot triple mount. I use these in every vehicle. I was using the same mount in my LX450 rock crawler so I know they will withstand abuse.

Scosche MAGDMB MagicMount Magnetic Car Phone Holder Mount - 360 Degree Adjustable Head, Universal with All Devices - Dashboard Mount Amazon product ASIN B00I608BJ8
C0EE9049-0945-46EA-B2CF-6AB75C99031A.jpeg

Is this ths Scotche mount? Do you have a link? This looks ideal as I got one of the cupholder ones from Weathertech and it's WAY too low.
I forget the brand. My brother gave it to me and it has worked awesome. I ordered another brand from amazon for our 4runner and it was great but I still prefer the one off the GX. It’s solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom