Bellingham, WA Cruiser Club interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen some rocking' cruisers around town, not to mention other Toyota based overland builds, but haven't turned up a cruiser oriented group. Gauging interest in starting a club, potentially seeking TLCA chapter status!

Diego

That's cool, there aren't any chapters in Washington. @landcrusher909 will be happy to help you start a new chapter. He just retired from the railroad today so he has plenty of time on his hands!

I'm west of you on San Juan Island Island and would be interested in a group.

Great to see some interest here and other forums, next step is a Saturday in February and location for a beer & pizza style meet-up with our rigs!

It will depend on work schedule, my schedule is week to week right now.

How does Saturday February 19th around 4pm sound? I welcome location suggestions with plenty of parking for the cruisers, decent eats and beer 😁. I'll throw out for consideration:
1. The Galley food cart at Hannegan Seafood, we'd need to bring our own beer. Owner is cool with it.
2. Double Barrel Barbecue in Sedro Woolley.

Definitely interested but it might be a bit before I can meet up due to work. I am in Mount Vernon.

OK Gents, we're confirmed for Saturday February 19th 4pm for Double Barrel BBQ in Sedro-Woolley! We'll park the Cruisers in the gravel lot adjacent to the patio side of the restaurant and take over the patio.

Cool stuff, I’m in Bellingham and would love to meet up at some point in the future (I can’t make the 19th) There are quite a few folks around. I see and chat with fellow cruiser folks up at mt baker, and @Dirtygumboots is another local who rocks an 80. Mine is currently at the tail end of a big over haul and needs a few more things finished before I’m cruising the land again.

I think @LINUS might be in the area or might know others possibly interested.

Yeah, I’m in greater MV area, I got to check what’s up the 19th / see what’s up.

I’ve got the FR of the 1FZ open / in progress / need parts - doing the timing chain cover gasket & gasket a new PS pump (boring catchup stuff) - but I’ll check w/ my uncle & worst case I drive the bro’d out Tundra :meh:

I’ve handed out a bunch of paper scraps w/ the site, but aside from a modded white late 80 I always see on HWY 20 going out to Whidbey, all others are stockers / seniors I see on pavemennt.

The guy who had the bedliner-ed 60 sold it - his wife said ‘pick one’ between the 60 and his near-wrapped up LT4-powered ‘69 Camaro.

I can't commit to being there but going to try, this is a good start :)

Yeah, I’m in greater MV area, I got to check what’s up the 19th / see what’s up.

I’ve got the FR of the 1FZ open / in progress / need parts - doing the timing chain cover gasket & gasket a new PS pump (boring catchup stuff) - but I’ll check w/ my uncle & worst case I drive the bro’d out Tundra :meh:

I’ve handed out a bunch of paper scraps w/ the site, but aside from a modded white late 80 I always see on HWY 20 going out to Whidbey, all others are stockers / seniors I see on pavemennt.

The guy who had the bedliner-ed 60 sold it - his wife said ‘pick one’ between the 60 and his near-wrapped up LT4-powered ‘69 Camaro.
There is a 60 up the street from me, and I just talked with a young guy at mt baker with a green 100 series (dorkel, no rear bumper, rack and traction boards) nice guy, but didn't catch his name. There are are few more rigs in town, and some friendly waves, but I haven't met anybody yet...but im misanthropic and antisocial. I think if we can come up with a few meet ups that would be pretty cool. Especially since there are so many folks who are new to the game and really dont know about the insane resource that is iH8mud. There is a jeep oriented 4x4 club here in Bellingham/Whatcom, but I haven't really looked into it.

What would be really excellent is if folks could post up tools they are willing to share and loan. Like for example I have a 3/4" drive HF torque wrench and a pull holding tool for the 1FZ-FE to torque up the bolt holding the harmonic balancer. Id be stoke to save somebody else ~$150-200 in tools that are seldom used. I also am making a coolant flushing adaptor to mate up with hoses on the heater core and block. Seems like a tool that could be used often. You might have a shop press in your workspace and would be willing to help with radius arm bushing etc. You see where I'm going with this. Anyhow there's a thought for how this might gain some more interest and traction. Oh and how about a ride along...or "Dude are my brakes really supposed to be this soft or is this how its gonna be with heavy ass bumpers, etc...

Well appointed Blue 60 series frequently parked near the YMCA in Bellingham? Anybody?

There is a 60 up the street from me, and I just talked with a young guy at mt baker with a green 100 series (dorkel, no rear bumper, rack and traction boards) nice guy, but didn't catch his name. There are are few more rigs in town, and some friendly waves, but I haven't met anybody yet...but im misanthropic and antisocial. I think if we can come up with a few meet ups that would be pretty cool. Especially since there are so many folks who are new to the game and really dont know about the insane resource that is iH8mud. There is a jeep oriented 4x4 club here in Bellingham/Whatcom, but I haven't really looked into it.

What would be really excellent is if folks could post up tools they are willing to share and loan. Like for example I have a 3/4" drive HF torque wrench and a pull holding tool for the 1FZ-FE to torque up the bolt holding the harmonic balancer. Id be stoke to save somebody else ~$150-200 in tools that are seldom used. I also am making a coolant flushing adaptor to mate up with hoses on the heater core and block. Seems like a tool that could be used often. You might have a shop press in your workspace and would be willing to help with radius arm bushing etc. You see where I'm going with this. Anyhow there's a thought for how this might gain some more interest and traction. Oh and how about a ride along...or "Dude are my brakes really supposed to be this soft or is this how its gonna be with heavy ass bumpers, etc...

I don't have many Toyota special tools but I have an impressive tool collection that I'm happy to loan with the knowledge that I'll hunt you down if you steal lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom