SOLD Bellingham / Seattle WA : 2013 GX460 85K miles modified for backcountry travel & camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. GX460
Mileage
Color
rgb(247, 241, 241)
**SALE PENDING**

Inspired by the practical UZJ150 Land Cruisers of Iceland, I built and travelled with this balanced, comfortable, capable, and fun GX460. Now for sale due to life changes, it is ready for a new owner to take on new adventures this coming spring….

For Sale:

2013 Lexus GX 460 Base Model (URJ150 global Land Cruiser Prado)

85,000 miles

V8, KDSS, factory Bluetooth, Navigation (No AHC)

Built in Tahara Aichi Japan

Balanced upgrades for backcountry camping / overlanding

i-S6ZRxsW-X5.jpg

Modifications for backcountry travel & camping:

Suspension: Radflo 2.5 Coilovers / Eibach springs (from MetalTech)

Tires: Goodyear Duratrac 255/70R18 on five tire rotation

Driving Lights: Baja Designs LP6

Front bumper : Ironman

Winch : Smittybilt XRC Gen 3 9.5 with synthetic line & Factor 55

Underbody : RCI Steel

Sliders : Rocky Road

Roof Rack : Yakima Lock N’Load “N” Platform (84x54)

Rack Mounts : Yakima Australia-only hard point mounts (from roofracksgalore.com.au)

Third row seat removal with custom cargo platform – aircraft rail hold-downs (US Cargo Control)

Custom fold down wooden cook table - awesome for morning coffee

Other: Fumoto oil valve, 2x RAM mounts (phone & tablet), Dometic remote power (for fridge), rear license plate garnish “Land Cruiser Prado” from Japan, WeatherTech mats, de-chrome with vinyl on grill surround and side trims, Toyota rear emblem

i-CQxmLg9-X4.jpg

Parts:

Full capacity Lexus OEM hitch (in tight supply now) – 6500lbs capacity

Third row seats

Lexus rear badging

Additional Yakima Rack parts for tie down, traction boards, etc.

i-qXh7S6d-X4.jpg

Vehicle History: I purchased this CA/NV/AZ GX460 from Earnhardt Lexus – Phoenix in October 2019 with 42K miles after several months of searching for a clean base model (no AHC). Drove four extended backroads trips in 2020 and another couple in 2021 across Oregon, Washington, Utah and Arizona. Attended Overland Expo West September 2021.Truck supported many ski trips. Now based in Bellingham WA with monthly visits to Seattle area.

Vehicle Condition: Strong mechanical condition. Cosmetic wear with "trail stripes". Seats showing wear with holes in perforated leather. Rear bumper cover torn.

i-PNxQLdK-X4.jpg

Why Sell: New remote job, new distant home, return of my FJ62 means I need a commuter car. I’ve enjoyed driving this highly capable & highly comfortable vehicle and hope it will find a new home with someone who will take it to new places….

Asking : $27.5K/obo

Last edited:
Thanks for asking for more images ... My plan is to post the truck on mud for a week before posting elsewhere. Probably next on expedition portal.

The custom fold down wooden table in "up" transit position. Nice stained wood with brushed aluminum trim - and ties to trims on the cargo deck. Two pins (orange fobs visible) to deploy...

i-qHxbbdW-X4.jpg

table in "down" position - ready to make coffee or...
i-TcQBJbp-X4.jpg

and additional interior picture with one of the two ram mount positions visible
i-qT3CwcK-X4.jpg

With a roof load in Oregon
20210609-REM_8443-X4.jpg

Last edited:
Images of the (third row delete) custom cargo shelf :
i-V8gbTQG-X4.jpg

and with an example of tie down:

i-WGQfsgW-X4.jpg

In a previous LC (100 series), the previous owner had installed some beautiful (but heavy) drawers. With this 150, I was looking to maximize flexibility and keep daily weight in check. On week long backcountry trips, I'd put the spare on the roof, plug in a Dometic CFX35 fridge and use alu-boxes and soft duffels to manage the load. I liked this approach and will pursue similar on next build... From a July 2020 trip:

20200726-REM_2369-X4.jpg

For anyone interested in more detail on this cargo platform build out a fuller description is on 'mud here : GX460 3rd row removal - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/gx460-3rd-row-removal.810841/

Last edited:
20210922-REM_0536-X4.jpg

The truck is available for sale.

Bump - truck remains available for sale.

For fun, here are some images of an Icelandic Prado (rental) as an inspiration...

Some distinctions: Diesel engine, raised roof rails, global tail lights, rear euro garnish and mid-level spec...

i-T3wr8PV-X4.jpg

i-dGnbHLV-X5.jpg

Sale Pending

William839 - got your DM on 6 & 19Apr and have responded. Good success with your search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom