Bed's for sleeping in your 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use an old memory foam mattress, just over the carpet. The thing about building a platform is it limits what you can do with the rear when you're not travelling and sleeping, which for me is 99+% of the time.
Plus, added weight and cost. I barely fit diagonally, at 6'5".

Similar to several here, I use a 3” Paco pad and a good bag and pillow, and sleep better than any thing else I’ve tried, a platform is not useable to me while hauling camping gear or dogs. I can roll up my pad and still safely haul the dogs, cooler and other gear I may have

Ikea sells some reasonably priced roll up single wide style futon mattresses that would work well for this application.

I use a camp pad and no platform, but my trips are usually just a weekend fishing so I don't have much gear that would require drawers. I am 6'4" so I have to sleep at angle if I close the back gate, normally I just leave it open though.
IMG_0382.JPG

Looks like the exped is highly recommended. I swung by Cabela's yesterday and found they make something pretty similar. Cabela's all season sleeping pad

I'm leaning towards one of these air/foam combo mattresses, since the all foam mattress always takes up space and I will have coolers and want that space back these foam

IMG_20180419_140314.jpg

The exped is quite remarkable. Rolls up very small, but it is incredibly comfortable for it's thickness. Curious if the Cabela's is as good.

I just use a futon mattress. It's bulky, but so comfy and warm. It also fits the space perfect but rolls up on the wheel wells a bit.

@blbuck12 just curious what you ended up with? I'm looking for a folding foam mattress for the back of my 100. The space is basically 75x57 and flat.

For moto trips and mountain bike trips I use a Big Agnes Air core sleeping pad. It deflates to a very compact bundle and its comfortable to sleep on. Its narrow though and for truck camping I'd opt for something different. I have slept on those big cheapo air mattresses you find at walmart and honestly think that sleeping on a board is more comfortable. The small camping air mattresses warm up with your body heat but those big ones just suck all the heat out of you...plus those big ones are so bouncy you can never really get to a comfortable position.

For the back of a 60 I'd look at a mattress you could roll up....my parents got one to use for guests and its just a twin but its super comfortable foam and can be rolled into a medium sized roll. You might see what Ikea has if there is one near you. Other wise you might just look for some 2" thick dense foam and make your own.

Big agnes for reference:
818gWWS8rAL._SX425_.jpg

For moto trips and mountain bike trips I use a Big Agnes Air core sleeping pad. It deflates to a very compact bundle and its comfortable to sleep on. Its narrow though and for truck camping I'd opt for something different. I have slept on those big cheapo air mattresses you find at walmart and honestly think that sleeping on a board is more comfortable. The small camping air mattresses warm up with your body heat but those big ones just suck all the heat out of you...plus those big ones are so bouncy you can never really get to a comfortable position.

For the back of a 60 I'd look at a mattress you could roll up....my parents got one to use for guests and its just a twin but its super comfortable foam and can be rolled into a medium sized roll. You might see what Ikea has if there is one near you. Other wise you might just look for some 2" thick dense foam and make your own.

Big agnes for reference:
818gWWS8rAL._SX425_.jpg

The first one I tried was a higher quality air mattress that was about 8" thick. It was comfortable enough for me, but my SO was not a fan. Biggest issue was that my sleeping platform is 11" tall, combined with the thick mattress left not a ton of headroom in the back for maneuvering. Was fine for sleeping, but getting in and out was a pain.

I picked up 2 of REI's 3.5 XL Self inflating camp beds during their sale a month or so ago and have enjoyed them so far. I laid on them next to the highly recommended Exped Megamat and they weren't too different in terms of comfort and about the same thickness. Picked them up for $98 each

I tried to order the Cabela's sleeping pad, but they were sold out at all local locations and backordered when I needed them for a trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom