Battery drain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a parasitic battery drain. Using a multimeter it’s pulling 0.225, i narrowed it down to the ignition switch, removed that fuse and draw goes down to 0.176 which I think is still high. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Electrical issues are not my strong suit. Also I notice the brake/seat belt warning light on the dash has a dim glow when the car is off.

I have a similar parasitic battery drain issue. Been using one of these as a band aid for years.

image_12541.jpg

I assume you removed the IGN fuse. None of this should have power with the ignition in off. Disconnect ignition switch plug and see if current goes away, Otherwise you have some wiring that is not per the schematic and you will have to figure that out.

That light should not be on… even dim

Try un plugging the wires to the brake master to see if the light is still on and dim

Or maybe your ebrake switch that also goes to the light is keeping them on and dim
I assume it’s a grounding issue, light goes out when I ran the parking brake handle just don’t know if it’s a bad switch or bad ground

I assume you removed the IGN fuse. None of this should have power with the ignition in off. Disconnect ignition switch plug and see if current goes away, Otherwise you have some wiring that is not per the schematic and you will have to figure that out.
Yes I removed the ign fuse and the draw did go down but still high, would this be as simple as a bad ground? As far as I can see the grounds look good.

I assume it’s a grounding issue, light goes out when I ran the parking brake handle just don’t know if it’s a bad switch or bad ground
Weird symptoms typically are grd issues.

Post a pic of your battery and what’s connected to the terminals. That will probably open up a few ideas as to where the draw is coming from.

Looks like at least three wires that can be traced for potential draw.

The seat belt / brake warning is switched by graound IIRC. Meaning the manuf. did not want power at certain locations so they power the bulb and switch the ground, could be a ground in the seatbelt or brake switch staying grounded when it is supposed to go open, like something in the seatbelt receiver or the e-brake on indicator, not sure where that is located but cant be to hard to find, check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom