Barney Riley June 9-10 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aaaaand.....more!
barneyriley 016.jpg
barneyriley 017.jpg
barneyriley 018.jpg

Last ones!
barneyriley 022.jpg
barneyriley 020.jpg

What great scenery!

Dylan...
I forgot to mention...that Is a BITCHIN awning set up you came up with!
I was diggin on it, and then the topic of conversation changed, then I forgot what I was gonna say....:eek:
Damn A.D.D.!!!!:doh:

K

Right around 8 PM, a nice yellow humpy hatch came off, and I saw a couple of fish rising, and a HOG sippin the bugs off the surface! I pointed it out to Dylan, but I donno if he saw it!

I saw it, and in fact I mentioned it to one of the guys I know at Adventure Trailer and I think we are headin' back up there for some serious fishing next week!

Dylan...
I was diggin on it, and then the topic of conversation changed, then I forgot what I was gonna say....:eek:

K

Thanks buddy. . .

Dylan...

K
The half shelter he used to make it is available at Twin City, they usually go on sale every two or three months. They also have a few larger versions of the same thing.

The half shelter he used to make it is available at Twin City, they usually go on sale every two or three months. They also have a few larger versions of the same thing.

Does it come with the poles, stakes etc?
About how much have you seen it go for?
I never get the twin city ads!

K

P.S.
Good luck with the front end tonight, and thanks for letting me borrow the HAM book!

K

Hey Keith, I think I might have the other half, (it's the same thing) around the house somewhere. For the poles I used 1/2" electrical conduit available at every hardware store in america.

Dylan

Sweet!
How much you want for it?
1/2 in conduit...ingenious!
I thoguht I remembered seeing the lil posts on the ends to run through the eyelets on the tarp which led me to believe they were store bought poles.

I really dig the set up!
I had never thought of anything like that, but what a great idea!
It would be particularly handy in Death Valley where everyone is fighting for shade at the springs!

K

Although more expensive...the new Kelty Carport looks real nice. I have heard from 2-guys that have them that they work very well; compact, lightweight and easy/quick to set-up/take down. Supposedly we'll get to see one at Pyramid Lake.

But...you can, with the two outrigger poles, run it as an awning. Or with the outside corners staked to the ground its a lower profile shade/wind shelter. It even has roll down side 'curtains' that feature windows too.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...61566&qs=5090272-PrfmcsPriceGrabber _44726047

Does it come with the poles, stakes etc?
About how much have you seen it go for?
I never get the twin city ads!

K

P.S.
Good luck with the front end tonight, and thanks for letting me borrow the HAM book!

K

Hey Keith, I think I might have the other half, (it's the same thing) around the house somewhere. For the poles I used 1/2" electrical conduit available at every hardware store in america.

Dylan
The Twincity ad is in the big nickel.
I have a bunch of 1/2 conduit in my shed that was left over from a job, I can hook you up. ;)

Although more expensive...the new Kelty Carport looks real nice. I have heard from 2-guys that have them that they work very well; compact, lightweight and easy/quick to set-up/take down. Supposedly we'll get to see one at Pyramid Lake.

But...you can, with the two outrigger poles, run it as an awning. Or with the outside corners staked to the ground its a lower profile shade/wind shelter. It even has roll down side 'curtains' that feature windows too.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...61566&qs=5090272-PrfmcsPriceGrabber _44726047

$$$$$$:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:$$$$$$$!
For that much cash, it'd better be good!

Thanks for the link though

K

$$$$$$:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:$$$$$$$!
For that much cash, it'd better be good!

Thanks for the link though

K

If you say it fast it doesn't sound like as much :D.

That's why I don't have one either :rolleyes:. And not really sure I would use it all that often...it's just one more thing to pack back up...which is less attractive on the 'camp in a different spot each night' type of run. And even if it's just a 5-7 minute tear down...all those things that just require 5-7 minutes start adding up.

Thanks for posting DAN y DAN!
They came out great!

K

Again, what a great trip.

Jack

I think there is one picture of my 40 in all the pictures posted. :frown:

You guys got something against the short bus???:flipoff2:

I think there is one picture of my 40 in all the pictures posted. :frown:

You guys got something against the short bus???:flipoff2:

HELLO....."TRAIL LEADER".....
Not, middle of the pack guy that everyone can take pics of!:flipoff2:

K