Barn find FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thorslc1977

SILVER Star
Threads
I am going to look at a barn find FJ55 this afternoon that looks in the 72 - 74 era. It has the F145 engine in it ( from pics he sent me). I am not super familiar with FJ55's. I would like to ask the group about any especially prone areas of rust or other problems/conditions to look for in FJ55's. I have some pics already and I will take more today. Any areas that I should focus on for pics? Thanks in advance for any info/hints.

Rockers/floor pans

Trailing edge front fenders. Body mounts. Rain gutters. Door hinges, fronts mostly.

Got it. Thanks Pighead, CeylonFJ40nut. If you guys or anyone else thinks of anything before 3:00 pm Pacific time please post up. Am I correct in assuming the F145 engine puts it in the 72 - 74 range? Thanks again.

Am I correct in assuming the F145 engine puts it in the 72 - 74 range? Thanks again.
That sounds about right. The Late F engine started showing up in '74 i think

Teaser pics. It looks like the "Carrie Underwood" edition headlights smashed side glass smashed and no sign of a collision from pics .
IMG_0064[1].JPG
IMG_0068[1].JPG
IMG_0066[1].JPG
IMG_0067[1].JPG

IMG_0064[1].JPG

Please see my thread in FJ40 Section under same name. Hoping some experts would add their knowledge.

That's got the '69 front marker lights and grill...
And a '69 distributor

Last edited:
Like I said I am not real familiar with FJ55s Thanks for clarification Pighead.

Get pics of front hub lockouts and VIN tag.
Does it have a rear axle?

No rear axle I was told. I will get pics of hubs. Where is VIN tag on FJ55?

Check gas tank for plug and dike.

early pig, 68-69?
single circuit brakes
apron turn signals, reflectors versus side marker lights
it may have the big steering wheel button thing
3 on the tree
nice straight front bumper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom