Backup camera install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Clear this up real quick... I am terrible with electronics/electrical work. It's just something I've never been able to grasp in the smallest amount. If it's not plug and play, I struggle with it. I hate to be "that guy" asking this question...

So my problem is I have a Pioneer Sph-da120 head unit and the Pioneer and-bc8 backup camera. I have the head unit wired up and it's working fine, but I can't get the camera hooked up. It's 3 little wires and one of them is obvious (the brown RCA jack), the other two I'm pretty much clueless on. I know 1 (the black I presume) has to go to the reverse light indicator and the other (red with inline fuse) is my power source. Hope that's right for those two...

I'm trying to wire this up as simple as possible. I don't have the EWD, even if I did I wouldn't have a clue as to what I was looking at. I've searched for the last couple of hours and haven't came up with a clear cut answer, at least one that makes sense to me. Can somebody point me to where I need to be for my power source and reverse light wire? I'm somewhat confident I can find the reverse light by just pulling the tail lamp assembly and playing around with it. But the power source is where I'm struggling. My 80 is a '97 and a simple "this wire/plug is the one you need, stupid" is what I'm after.

Appreciate the help in advance.

You put black to ground, Brown is rca, and red goes to turn signal. Your camera gets its 12volt power from turn signal power.

I have almost the same setup. I tapped into the reverse wire in the harness behind the driver’s seat kick panel. For the constant power, my 97 had an unused plug behind the passenger side tail lamp. Not sure what it was for, but it had a hot wire available, so I used it. Very simple install really. Don’t overthink it and you’ll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom