Baby blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Argh that Jeep thing is something landcruiser owners will always have to deal with! Lol Ive even had ppl call my bj 60 a jeep.
Or even a Land Rover!!! :crybaby:

I did get the extra insurance for theft and fire etc. an antitheft device would be smart. although its not Victoria here.

I’ve always locked mine here in Victoria and usually use a Kryptonite lock through the steering wheel. The worst I’ve had happened was someone pull open the soft top and take a few possessions for a tour of Uvic. I have one other deterrent that’ll limit how far someone can drive it… no gas will limit how far they can go. At today’s prices no thief can afford to steal it. A fill would cost me about $375-400. Unfortunately my preCOVID lockdown fuel has recently run out.

I’ve run into 40 owners in Victoria who don’t have door locks and they’ve not had trouble… but I’m not that trusting. To a large degree, I don’t feel theft insurance would do me much good. ICBC won’t willingly pay me enough to buy a replacement… and I’m not up to building another one. Having one built to match my current specs would get stupid expensive.

Before and after. New seats sit up around 1.5' higher and don't sag at all. somebody hacked these seats apart looking for gold of something? And finally bikini ready!!!!! Whoop whoop!

IMG_0691[1].JPG

IMG_0693[1].JPG

IMG_0688[1].JPG

IMG_0699[1].JPG

Well I found a last use of the old seat fabric. Its far from perfect but its better than what it was.

IMG_0705[1].JPG

IMG_0707[1].JPG

Rain day. I love you sour dough. Nothing like a good Junuary to stuff my glutenous face hole with a 1/3rd of a loaf of organic whole wheat and rye topped with black n white sesame, sunflower and caraway seeds. Copious amounts of butter because fresh bread n butter are one of the best things in LIFE!!!!

IMG_0708[1].JPG

Rain day. I love you sour dough. Nothing like a good Junuary to stuff my glutenous face hole with a 1/3rd of a loaf of organic whole wheat and rye topped with black n white sesame, sunflower and caraway seeds. Copious amounts of butter because fresh bread n butter are one of the best things in LIFE!!!!

View attachment 3024182

******* that looks good.

Where we used to live , there was a little shop called "well bread" just around the corner, who used to put a little cart out on chemainus road.

I don't know if they're still around but they did a garlic and black olive loaf that was like crack.

Hungry just thinking about it. :lol:

******* that looks good.

Where we used to live , there was a little shop called "well bread" just around the corner, who used to put a little cart out on chemainus road.

I don't know if they're still around but they did a garlic and black olive loaf that was like crack.

Hungry just thinking about it. :lol:
Garlic and olives eh? I should do more exploring with the toppings. I would love to make a Jalapeno and old cheddar one day. The problem is....... I love peanut butter so much and it ****s with the PB juju.

Garlic and olives eh? I should do more exploring with the toppings. I would love to make a Jalapeno and old cheddar one day. The problem is....... I love peanut butter so much and it f***s with the PB juju.
Yeah it was definitely a butter and cheese only deal.

Might have been a bit of parmesan in the bread too now I think about it.

Dammit. Now I'm hungry again 🤣

Well it looks like my factory oil pressure gauge was out to lunch, which I'm very relieved because 30 psi after I ran her hard at idle.

IMG_0748[1].JPG

What is a proper low idle oil pressure on a 3B? I know the 13BT can be as low as 3 psi, almost impossible to fathem
but it's also what the manual says. Once you rev it up it comes up of course

What is a proper low idle oil pressure on a 3B? I know the 13BT can be as low as 3 psi, almost impossible to fathem

In general, I've found Toyota motors of this vintage with piston oil coolers seem to run lower oil pressure at idle. 13BT has turbo taking oil too, so will be lower I guess for same oil pump?

Can be scary low.

Doesn't the book just say over 5 psi hot idle or something? Maybe 8?

If you're never hooking up the edic again, you can rig up a light on the low psi switch. I did that in mine, probably too late by the time it comes on, but that's all most marine diesels have.

In general, I've found Toyota motors of this vintage with piston oil coolers seem to run lower oil pressure at idle. 13BT has turbo taking oil too, so will be lower I guess for same oil pump?

Can be scary low.

Doesn't the book just say over 5 psi hot idle or something? Maybe 8?

If you're never hooking up the edic again, you can rig up a light on the low psi switch. I did that in mine, probably too late by the time it comes on, but that's all most marine diesels have.
Well to start. This is just a B engine. I imagine all the oil pressure minimums are fairly close to each other. 31 psi at idle is a brand new engine to me. It has great pep for a 42 year old engine. She does blow smoke but Im my memories hanging in central america for many years of my life. All these old B engine cruisers smoke while climbing up the mountains. I believe the 3b is a cleaner burning engine by far.

Well to start. This is just a B engine. I imagine all the oil pressure minimums are fairly close to each other. 31 psi at idle is a brand new engine to me. It has great pep for a 42 year old engine. She does blow smoke but Im my memories hanging in central america for many years of my life. All these old B engine cruisers smoke while climbing up the mountains. I believe the 3b is a cleaner burning engine by far.
Hey, looks good to me.
Your oil pressure is right in the "ignore it for another 20 years" territory as far as I'm concerned.
Give'er. 👍

I sat behind a sacked old B diesel for years. Other than smoking like a cropduster, it never skipped a beat in a decade.

Hey, looks good to me.
Your oil pressure is right in the "ignore it for another 20 years" territory as far as I'm concerned.
Give'er. 👍

I sat behind a sacked old B diesel for years. Other than smoking like a cropduster, it never skipped a beat in a decade.
You should be a stand up landcruiser comedian. Or a least write a book. I would be laughing the whole way through.

It’s a hard gig… especially for a white male caucasian with a job.

An employee of ours has done it for many years and lives in the shadow of his better half. He’s coming to realize it’ll likely always be his side gig.

It’s a hard gig… especially for a white male caucasian with a job.

An employee of ours has done it for many years and lives in the shadow of his better half. He’s coming to realize it’ll likely always be his side gig.
I don't even know what you're talking about 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom