Australian door cards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've spoken with this company over the phone, they're willing to do custom cuts for speakers etc, if you can give them dimensions. I'll be buying a set soon with cut outs for factory speakers in front, when I can find measurements for everything (most aus 80s just had the 4"speakers in the dash) and draw it up. Once they have that cad file, anyone should be able to order a set with speaker cut outs.

how did they fit up with handles n door storage ect.. I've contacted them as i want a pack that has front doors electric and rear doors as manual ( rear manual is mainly for when sleeping in the back) and if the do a bottom rear tail gate. i want the abs not the masonite cards
These are the way to go.

Almost 3 years later they are installed, well the front doors only for now. Drilled a hole for the speaker, drilled six holes for the top rollover arm rest/interior weather stripping holder. Will eventually remove them again for insulation layer and paint. (Replaced my old Pioneer 6.5" 3 way speakers for Kicker KSC650 2way, sounds better.)

IMG_20230304_170940168.jpg

I have the Australian door cards aluminium checkerplate trim panels on all my doors including the barn doors. They are made really well. I do not have full GX trim doors anymore - they're now all manual window base/DX doors with no speakers or power windows or power doors and I've never liked the condition of any of the factory door trims so they're all being junked (they're no good to keep).

The only thing I'm looking into is instead of using the plastic clips to secure them I am investigating nutserts/rivnuts and very flat head bolts. But the plastic clips are ok though they're only good for single-use.

Almost 3 years later they are installed, well the front doors only for now. Drilled a hole for the speaker, drilled six holes for the top rollover arm rest/interior weather stripping holder. Will eventually remove them again for insulation layer and paint. (Replaced my old Pioneer 6.5" 3 way speakers for Kicker KSC650 2way, sounds better.)

View attachment 3264235
Did you surface mount the speakers to the door card?

I did, or through drilled them straight to the inner door panel. Couldn't mount the speakers behind the panel without more metal work, which for simplicity sake, I wanted to avoid. (For the rears; speaker magnets barely cleared the OEM holes in factory sheet metal so hammered the lip ina little for wiring clearance.)

IMG_20230305_165733302_HDR.jpg

Has anyone with a tan interior gone with the black cards? Wondering how the combo would look. I feel like not great but at least it would match the dash.

Seems like tan option is nla so it's either black or try to paint.

Interesting timing on this thread, but I just found stock replacement door panels so I’m going to sell my brown ABS panels. I was planning to list in the classified section unless someone in this thread wants to buy them. They’re still like new.
Why did you want to sell? I’m eyeballing those ABS cards from Australian Door Cards but don’t want to buy them if you didn’t like them…

I ordered the Australian ABS door cards. It took about 10 days to get them to Florida. They were easy to install. Fit perfectly. I was able to order new plastic barrier and inner window rubber strips from Toyota. I may leave the metal exposed or use the padded covers off of my original door panels, but I haven’t decided yet.

View attachment 2573425

View attachment 2573426

View attachment 2573428

View attachment 2573434

View attachment 2573437
Hi - did this 68170-60030 part number work for just the front driver’s door? Or all the doors? Thanks!

Last edited:
I ordered the Australian ABS door cards. It took about 10 days to get them to Florida. They were easy to install. Fit perfectly. I was able to order new plastic barrier and inner window rubber strips from Toyota. I may leave the metal exposed or use the padded covers off of my original door panels, but I haven’t decided yet.

View attachment 2573425

View attachment 2573426

View attachment 2573428

View attachment 2573434

View attachment 2573437
Those look great. I don’t see that color offered any longer on their website - hate to go grey when the rest of the interior is tan. Nice mod!

SEM Monterey paint will make them match the brown in oak trucks…just saying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom