Builds Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_9384.JPG

Front coilovers rebuilt and upgraded with resi/cdcv valve and 700# spring. Still waiting for rears and brake lines.

Isn't that the best box to get.....can't wait to hear your impression once they're on.

Ditto - very interested in how you think they compare....... I noted that my nose had settled a good 1/2 " in the last month as it's broken in....

I find that the " Soft" is almost unusable except for offroad and raound town - but that 4 front and soft or 2 in rear is really nice.... I use 6-8 for long road trips.

E

Isn't that the best box to get.....can't wait to hear your impression once they're on.

Can't wait to install and test em.

Ditto - very interested in how you think they compare....... I noted that my nose had settled a good 1/2 " in the last month as it's broken in....

I find that the " Soft" is almost unusable except for offroad and raound town - but that 4 front and soft or 2 in rear is really nice.... I use 6-8 for long road trips.

E

I play around with settings as the springs will settle in.

These are for the Tundra front, right? did you get the tundra bushing for the lower mount?
not sure if it makes a difference in the performance, but swapping out the passenger side tundra sway bar linkage made everything much easier to install. The two parts are the same length, just the Tundra version has a bend to it that lines up with the cruiser sway bar end better.

These are for the Tundra front, right? did you get the tundra bushing for the lower mount?
not sure if it makes a difference in the performance, but swapping out the passenger side tundra sway bar linkage made everything much easier to install. The two parts are the same length, just the Tundra version has a bend to it that lines up with the cruiser sway bar end better.

Yes to both questions. I will look into getting the passenger side sway bar link.

One corner done.

IMG_9443.JPG

Looks good!
Just a heads up, once you get the reservoir mounted, throw a 22mm or 7/8 wrench on the nut that holds the 90 degree elbow in place.
Mine came loose and I lost some of the shock fluid. Still waiting to hear back from Icon to see if they need to go back to get refilled.

Got it @TexAZ. That sucks, I am afraid you may need to ship yours back to get that refilled and recharged. Thanks for tip. I am getting reservoir bracket for LC 200 delivered today. They originally shipped me Tundra bracket, which does not work due to KDSS cylinder is in the way. I also got crown performance brake lines delivered yesterday and I will swap those later today. Rear shocks are coming tomorrow. Waiting for panhard bar that should delivered in couple weeks. It's coming along well.

My factory front shocks started to leak. We see how rear ones will be after I take em out. Front end is 3" higher than my prelift height. I will give few weeks for springs to break in and settle down.

Here is night shot with both front wheels on ground.

IMG_9445.JPG

Last edited:
Rig been to Ouray twice. They have been beaten up plus extra weight due to armor (sliders, skids and rear bumper).

Mine were leaking at 78K

I got the front resi cans mounted and brake lines swaped with extended crown performance brake lines. Choosing the location for resi was bit of work. I contacted @Willy beamin and exchanged some text and finished installing them last night. Knob is facing upwards and mounted in the front side of coilover on both sides using Icon's LC200 brackets. Hose clear during full droop and full wheel lock. I will be moving to rear suspension work tonight. I hope to get the alignment done on Friday. 700# spring rate is giving the lift height without cranking down the coilovers. I did a short drive and spring rate seems to be work good with current weight of the rig with skids, sliders.

IMG_9449.JPG

IMG_9451.JPG

IMG_9455.JPG

IMG_9457.JPG

5E5284E1-FD1B-4529-9901-BC36C44E5A4D.jpg

prelift measurements. Measured from the bottom of rim to the top of fender with wheels on the ground.

Last edited:
Nice work Kamal, looks great!

All done. Tuning in right knob setting for on road. Looks like #4 is sweet spot.

IMG_9473.JPG
IMG_9475.JPG
IMG_9476.JPG
IMG_9477.JPG

3 inch down travel in the front.

4 inch down travel in the rear.

32 inch front height to the fender measured from the bottom of the rim

33 inch rear height to the fender measured from the bottom of the rim

Initial suspension settings is two for all corners.

Front tire track width is 76 inches.

Rear tire track width is less than 74 inches.

Both front mud flaps are removed.

Pre-lift fender height for all corners was around 29 inches.

Last edited:
All done. Tuning in right knob setting for on road. Looks like #4 is sweet spot.

View attachment 1417907 View attachment 1417908 View attachment 1417909 View attachment 1417911

3 inch down travel in the front.

4 inch down travel in the rear.

32 inch front height to the fender measured from the bottom of the rim

33 inch rear height to the fender measured from the bottom of the rim

Initial suspension settings is two for all corners.

Front tire track width is 76 inches.

Rear tire track width is less than 74 inches.

Pre-lift fender height for all corners was around 29 inches.
Damn that looks really good buddy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom