Attention: Cruise Moab 09 TAC'rs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read through the previous thread around CM09 that we had going and I wanted to try and update my contact info on who's going, when they plan to arrive, and the camp location they are calling home, so we can find each other once out in Moab. I think most of you are staying at the Oasis campground, but I wanted to verify that. It would be nice to know what campsite # you will be staying at so if one of us wants to swing by and say hi or if someone needs help, we will know how to find each other. It may be helpful to share contact info as well.

Like I have said before I will be staying at the Slick Rock Campgrounds and will be in camp #147. We will be heading out of KC on Sunday Morning and getting into camp on Monday night sometime I'm sure. I plan to swing by Slee Offroad on the way out if anyone needs anything. My email address is zane.zwerenz@yahoo.com and my number is 816-305-6413.

So, I think this is the headcount I have from TAC that is going to CM09:

exrsa1
britklr
mwalls54
ibcrusn

Anyone else????

Zane

Brian-

Wish I could make the journey with you.... heck, wish I could focus on one project to get one rig rolling!

You got room for some beer to pack for the trip? I was hoping I could get time to drop off some homebrew and maybe a growler of some darker stuff. Like I said, I can't go, but at least I can give you some support.

Anyone else going that lives near shawnee/lenexa?

Kelly

My info

Zane, good idea. We will be at the Oasis Campground, in a cabin. I will let BritKLR chime in here, as to the unit number. We will be travelling together for that week. He is taking his KLR650 as well(hence the name BritKLR) and will probably go on some side trips whilst we are there. I will PM you my numbers and email address.

We will be leaving Tuesday morning April 28th, stopping in Castle Rock, CO to visit with Jim (2BADFJS) of SROR. We plan to be there at 6pm Tuesday. We will then add some quarter protection for my truck, and depending on how we feel after that and some brews, we might just crash there or drive on till we need to stop. We plan to roll into Moab early am on Wed.

It will be myself and BritKLR with my truck, flat towing the FJ60. MWalls54 and his better half will also be with us. He will be towing a trailer with his FJ60 on it. On a side note. They (MWalls54 and then brand spanking new wife) arrive back in Kansas City the Monday night, after getting married that Saturday before we leave...... How's that for a honeymoon!

Kelly, I will always have room for beer. Homebrew especially! I promise to share. Maybe next year we can have more rigs going out.

Brian

A jealous :flipoff2: to you all.

Have a great time, travel safely, and bring back a few pictures and a lot of stories. Ours are getting old.

find us a 32ft trailer and we will put the 40 on and you and cooper can come on out.

and :flipoff2: right back at ya. you know I should have taken pictures of ya with your mouth open asleep sitting around the campfire lol.

2 weeks from this moring we will be on our way to moab. I cant freaking wait. I have been working every evening on the 60 trying to hurry up and get it finished. I should get it all done buy this sunday. I think it has really helped take my mind off the wedding stuff. thank god.

This is what I have been doing to the 60 https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/265523-getting-ready-moab.html

We're heading west next Friday or Saturday morning and probably staying in the Denver area. That will put us into Moab late Saturday or Sunday afternoon. IIRC Wendy has us at Riverside Sunday to Sunday. After 2007's trip she wasn't too impressed with the amenities at Slickrock not to mention the snow. We have no set plan for Monday - Wednesday so we do a little sightseeing or tag along one of the pre-runs. You can find me at radialmech(at)hotmail.com or 3864533826. I believe Wendy is taking her laptop and I'll have my crackberry. We're looking forward to seeing the TAC folks out there.

Trail assignments

Wednesday night we are doing the overnight to San Rafael swells, then Thursday we have no run, Friday is Poison Spider mesa, and Saturday Hells Revenge,

What y'all get?

We will be at the Oasis Park. My cell 8165095182. I'm taking my laptop so will have email. bharcombe at kc dot rr dot com

We leave Tuesday morning, stopping in Colorado for some rear quarter work, and then on to arrive early AM in Moab.

It's getting close now!!

Brian

Anyone have room to haul back a slab of oak about 1.5" thick, 8'7" long and about 32" wide?

Thnks,
Mike

yeah can strap it down on the trailer. Where is it at?

yeah can strap it down on the trailer. Where is it at?
It's in Cali right now. Looks like D'Animal is going to Moab and can haul 4 or 5 of the slabs out if anyone else is interested. Here's a link to the thread. I'd like to build a coffee table out of one.

Thanks,
Mike

ok sounds good.

I will put it on my list. Pick up wood from crazy chainsaw guy.

ok sounds good.

I will put it on my list. Pick up wood from crazy chainsaw guy.

What's crazy is calling a guy with chainsaws, crazy.....

2 weeks from this moring we will be on our way to moab. I cant freaking wait. I have been working every evening on the 60 trying to hurry up and get it finished. I should get it all done buy this sunday. I think it has really helped take my mind off the wedding stuff. thank god.

This is what I have been doing to the 60 https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/265523-getting-ready-moab.html

WOW you have done some work! You have got to be proud of yourself! Cant wait to see that thing in person. I love your bumper work. Can you believe MOAB is coming up so fast!

WOW you have done some work! You have got to be proud of yourself! Cant wait to see that thing in person. I love your bumper work. Can you believe MOAB is coming up so fast!

Thanks, I have been working alot on it. I just hope it all works for me. A big thanks goes out to brian on the H55F install. I just wish I had one more week. I know your thinking i still have a week but I fly out wednesday to virginia to get married and back monday night to load up and leave early tuesday. So yeah i can believe moab is coming fast. lol

well there are a few of us back. We had a absolute blast. I wish we had another week out there. Since it was my honeymoon me and kitty got called up on stage so they could introduce us. I was supporting TAC.
tac on stage.jpg

It looked like you and Kitty had a blast on your Pre-Honeymoon trip! Nice to meet both of you out in Moab.

We sure had a blast this year. Was able to wheel with several 100's and was very impressed with this Big Pig/Whale. Attached is a link to the 100 forum that we updated while out in Moab w/ pictures of our adventures.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/trails-events-expeditions/281188-100-series-live-moab-09-a.html

If you have never been to Moab it is well worth the trip. Good people, good wheeling, good fun.

Zane

Awesome week

Zane, I almost got to see you..... Maybe next time! :) Great thread on the 100's. We had the Equipt guy with us on the overnighter with his 100. Sure looked nice. He also supplied the tiki bar and beer that night. Was a cool adventure!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom