Ask Your iPad Nav questions in this thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could y'all please give us more details on how/where to get the bing maps and load them into motionx? Thank you.

You need v17 of Motionx GPS HD for iPad (coming out shortly) or v17 Motionx GPS on iPhone (available now).

GOTO Setup | Map Downloads | Download New Maps

Choose the type of Map you want> Motionx Road or Terrain, NOAA, Bing Road - Terrain - Satellite or Hybrid. Draw the radius of the area you want to download. Press Next and name the area and choose the zoom levels. Press the Download (green) button and enjoy.

RobRed said:
You need v17 of Motionx GPS HD for iPad (coming out shortly) or v17 Motionx GPS on iPhone (available now).

GOTO Setup | Map Downloads | Download New Maps

Choose the type of Map you want> Motionx Road or Terrain, NOAA, Bing Road - Terrain - Satellite or Hybrid. Draw the radius of the area you want to download. Press Next and name the area and choose the zoom levels. Press the Download (green) button and enjoy.

Wow! That's easy! Thank you! I'll buy it once it comes out.

Rob, since you've got a contact at MotionX, can you inquire if the offroad version of MotionX ('MotionX GPS') for the iPhone is compatible with Pioneer App radio? I know that GPS Drive is, but it doesn't show GPS. I emailed them from the website, but I figured you might get a better response if you've got a relationship already.

OregonLC said:
Rob, since you've got a contact at MotionX, can you inquire if the offroad version of MotionX ('MotionX GPS') for the iPhone is compatible with Pioneer App radio? I know that GPS Drive is, but it doesn't show GPS. I emailed them from the website, but I figured you might get a better response if you've got a relationship already.

It does not support app mode like GPS Drive. I have talked to them about adding the capability and it never occurred to them. If they get some action on their forum about it I'm sure they will consider it.

It does not support app mode like GPS Drive. I have talked to them about adding the capability and it never occurred to them. If they get some action on their forum about it I'm sure they will consider it.

Bummer. With that said, I wonder how hard it would be to hack the maps on GPS Drive to switch them to Topo's?

This may sound like a dumb ? but, I downloaded the MotionX app for the pad and downloaded a couple of maps for the area where I ride the mountain bike. The questions/problems/issues I have are
1. Can you increase the radius on the map? For instance, I ride in a local park and the radius does not cover the whole area I ride. I would think it would be larger or maybe I am missing something. I adjust it from edge to edge and it doesnt include the whole park.
2. I usually use the Iphone but if I have the capability I would use the pad for GPS when I take road trips for work etc. How or can do you download a road map say from San Antonio to Dallas? or is this app capable of such?

Did I download the wrong app for this purpose? I am somewhat technologically challenged and tend to shoot from the hip when buying new toys but, this seemed to fit the bill when I first read about it.

Thx

Another ? IF you have a car stereo with a ipod/aux jack and a screen, can you plug in your iphone and view the gps app from the car stereo?

This may sound like a dumb ? but, I downloaded the MotionX app for the pad and downloaded a couple of maps for the area where I ride the mountain bike. The questions/problems/issues I have are
1. Can you increase the radius on the map? For instance, I ride in a local park and the radius does not cover the whole area I ride. I would think it would be larger or maybe I am missing something. I adjust it from edge to edge and it doesnt include the whole park.
2. I usually use the Iphone but if I have the capability I would use the pad for GPS when I take road trips for work etc. How or can do you download a road map say from San Antonio to Dallas? or is this app capable of such?

1)Pinch zoom work on the iPad and I'm sure on the iPhone as well.

2)MotionX is designed to be 'live' via 3G, however you can download maps ahead of time using the map download feature.

Another ? IF you have a car stereo with a ipod/aux jack and a screen, can you plug in your iphone and view the gps app from the car stereo?

The only thing I'm aware of that ports screens is the Pioneer AppRadio and MotionX does support this for GPS Drive, but not for GPS.

Anyword on v17 for iPad HD. Currently running v16.5 w/ a dual xpgs150 bt receiver. Downloaded some maps of an area we were headed to. Pleased with the results.

retrofive said:
Anyword on v17 for iPad HD. Currently running v16.5 w/ a dual xpgs150 bt receiver. Downloaded some maps of an area we were headed to. Pleased with the results.

I just emailed my contact this am regarding the update. I'll let you know when I find out.

If I was speculating I would say that they took my suggestions and are folding them into the new version. Perhaps we will see v17.1 instead of 17. :). The iPhone update has been pretty good so iPad should be significant.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

I just emailed my contact this am regarding the update. I'll let you know when I find out.

If I was speculating I would say that they took my suggestions and are folding them into the new version. Perhaps we will see v17.1 instead of 17. :). The iPhone update has been pretty good so iPad should be significant.

:cool: Im sure when released it will flag the app for an update avail :)

Version 18 for iPhone released today... Come on iPad where are you?!?!

Have they said anything about getting MotionX available as an AppRadio App? I know Drive is, but not our version.

I suggested that iPod Out be adapted for GPS/GPS HD... the actually hadn't thought about doing it. I think it's a bit low on the list since I'm likely the only one that suggested it.

UPDATE on GPS HD release: Early 2012

Funny, but I'd emailed back and forth with one of their guys back on the 24th of Nov and he too said that no one had suggested it. Must be their standard answer. The other thing they could do is allow Topo maps into GPS drive...

8 people did and hated it. Hasn't been updated since sep 2010.

You're such a smartass! :)

Here is an interesting item:

ipod PAC IS76PRO A/V Cable with Wireless RF Remote and 2.1 Amp Charging for iPod, iPhone or iPad. The IS76 PRO is connected to the vehicle’s electrical system by a simple two wire connection. Connect to a factory or aftermarket A/V system to display

I am wondering with the rear DVD if there is an AUX RCA I could use on my OEM stereo (non-NAV). I haven't torn apart my dash but will confirm. Would be nice to have the iPad through my non-BT head unit without swapping to aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom