ASFIR Skid plates and front bumper (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking "good grief you've been stateside for 23 hours why aren't you at my door yet?!?"

Just me? Ok.
They are waiting for you to leave for your trip :p

Is it just me, or is anyone else thinking "good grief you've been stateside for 23 hours why aren't you at my door yet?!?"

Just me? Ok.
I agree. But honestly just hoping the shipment isn't turned over to USPS for delivery. They would probably never arrive.

Did you guys get full sets?

I ordered the front skid a few months ago and already have it installed. This order is for the mid skid. I've got a trip planned next month and I've been spending a few bucks here and there, trying to fly under the radar with the local banker and didn't want to raise any red flags with the transfer skid. Hopefully I won't regret it with a much larger expense.

Installed my front skid Monday, it sat since May due to 4 of the 6 bolts snapping while taking off the oem skid. After trying an extraction kit, which broke, on the 1st bolt, I just drilled and re-tapped them all. Ordered a longer bolt for the center.

I ordered the front skid a few months ago and already have it installed. This order is for the mid skid. I've got a trip planned next month and I've been spending a few bucks here and there, trying to fly under the radar with the local banker and didn't want to raise any red flags with the transfer skid. Hopefully I won't regret it with a much larger expense.
HAHA had to think who was local banker for a sec. That was my thought- protect it then I can wheel without as much worry there and probably wont get sidelined due to banging up something in that area.

Just placed an order with McMaster for 18-8 SS flat head allen bolts with 18-8 SS countersunk washers along with nylon plastic washers to isolate the SS from the aluminum. Hopefully the plastic washers minimize any galvanic corrosion.

Just placed an order with McMaster for 18-8 SS flat head allen bolts with 18-8 SS countersunk washers along with nylon plastic washers to isolate the SS from the aluminum. Hopefully the plastic washers minimize any galvanic corrosion.
That’s good thinking, but, I doubt you’ll have much galvanic corrosion on that. I’m not an expert, but I believe you really start to worry about it when it’s under water for a length of time. It may happen just from coming in contact with rain water underneath, but I doubt it.

Now, doing flat head bolts, countersunk, is a pretty good idea of just to keep from snagging something. They do stick down a fair bit.

That’s good thinking, but, I doubt you’ll have much galvanic corrosion on that. I’m not an expert, but I believe you really start to worry about it when it’s under water for a length of time. It may happen just from coming in contact with rain water underneath, but I doubt it.

Now, doing flat head bolts, countersunk, is a pretty good idea of just to keep from snagging something. They do stick down a fair bit.
The holes are enlarged to give a little bit of play for fit up, so countersinking won't really work. With something heavy that you'll be taking on and off periodically like the skid, you'll appreciate having a little bit of slop in the mounting holes.

I'm thinking it's probably late in the game to expect I'll see mine before I leave on Friday. Guess I'll have something fun to look forward to next week.

I'm thinking it's probably late in the game to expect I'll see mine before I leave on Friday. Guess I'll have something fun to look forward to next week.
Chomping at the bit over there 😜

Maybe while waiting for the skids to arrive, remove the factory front skid and clean your radiator/condensor/transmission cooler.

Uh... I don't think they're supposed to be headed back to Israel.. @ASFIR 4X4 ?

Capture+_2020-09-24-09-22-20.png

Interesting. I wonder why that is. Any shipping logistics guys here know how that process works? Maybe the tracking number just pertains to the container they were sent in, vs the package itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom