ARB Single Compressor Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I just bought an ARB single compressor off amazon. Initially I was just going to run alligator clips from the battery, but after looking through some videos on youtube, it doesn't seem like it comes with the hardware in the box.
I then decided I was going to mount it in the engine bay where ahc would be. The switch would be placed to the left of the steering wheel, next to the rear diff locker control.
So my following questions arise about the mounting and wiring:
Is there a mounting plate I need (if so from who?)
Any soldering, slicing, cutting?
Anything else I need to complete the mounting and install that doesn't come with the compressor?

I'm sure there is a another thread somewhere that will fulfill all my needs, if so, I would appreciate a link(s) to them as well.
Lastly, silly question but I have a dewalt pancake compressor with the hose and all necessary accessories to air my tires with it. Will that all work on the ARB compressor?

Thanks again ihmud community.

I got a Slee second battery tie down, which has a place to mount the compressor. Convenient and fits great right where you've envisioned.

Did compressor come with a wring kit and switch and a small mounting plate? Should pretty much be plug & play. I have a single CKMA12 parked in between the air filter box and behind the power steering reservoir. No mount required- the footprint of the mounting plate lines up with available mountings in the fenderwell.

Did compressor come with a wring kit and switch and a small mounting plate? Should pretty much be plug & play. I have a single CKMA12 parked in between the air filter box and behind the power steering reservoir. No mount required- the footprint of the mounting plate lines up with available mountings in the fenderwell.
Okay that’s perfect. and yeah It comes with that harness and the small plate. If the holes don’t aline i was just going to bend and cut my own mounting plate out of a sheet of steel.
Thanks for your reply!

I got a Slee second battery tie down, which has a place to mount the compressor. Convenient and fits great right where you've envisioned.
does that fit with the single motor compressor? Plans for the dual motor compressor is in the future for me and if that second battery mount can be used for both of them, it might be worth considering now than later.

does that fit with the single motor compressor? Plans for the dual motor compressor is in the future for me and if that second battery mount can be used for both of them, it might be worth considering now than later.

The Slee 2nd battery mount can accommodate both the single AND dual compressor. Slee - Compressed Air Products

Ditto Slee 2nd battery tray. It makes the install very clean and simple

I (and many others) have a thread about the install. Here's a few shots of mine (dual compressor)

p2575553094-4.jpg

p2594641307-4.jpg

p2530783070-4.jpg

p2530737131-5.jpg

p2530737640-5.jpg

p2532702450-4.jpg

p2532767389-5.jpg

Ditto Slee 2nd battery tray. It makes the install very clean and simple

I (and many others) have a thread about the install. Here's a few shots of mine (dual compressor)

p2575553094-4.jpg

p2594641307-4.jpg

p2530783070-4.jpg

p2530737131-5.jpg

p2530737640-5.jpg

p2532702450-4.jpg

p2532767389-5.jpg
Hey Mike, so the compressor came in today and i am still waiting on the mount. May you elaborate on which gromet you used to go through your fire wall? I think i have the right one but i just want to be sure. I would like to double check on tapping into the fuse.
Would something like this work?

Amazon product ASIN B01BU59QA8
Tapping the red/yellow into ignition and the other into tail lights i assume.
Thanks

I found the grommet from the inside, after I pulled the glove box, etc out. AutoZone (or some parts place) makes a handy little tool with a sharp pointed edge on a hollow tube. The opening goes thru the handle so once you punch through it's easy to pass a pull cord or the wire through. Google this: Performance Tool W2935 Wire Insertion Piercing Tool You can find it at Walmart, O'Reilly's Auto, Amazon, etc. The photo didn't show but I don't tap into wires. I solder the splice connection, cover with silicone, slide heat shrink over it, and heat shrink the connection. I'm not advocating that as a the only way, just saying that I don't have experience with using fuse taps. I think I tapped into the lighter connection. That's only one when the ignition is on and it's close. Of course main power is directly from the battery. Use the right wire size. Long runs of DC wire require increasing the wire size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom