ARB/Engel size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I have to buy 2 one for me (holds the usual stuff, food and what not) and one for the wife(ice for mohitos and ice cream) :doh:

Ok.. I'm telling her this is just a fancy cooler :cool:

I'm hoping to find a 40qt. That'll take up half the room in the 70. Thanks Guys

or when you travel with friends who own one - one can be the freezer and one can be the fridge - sounds like a plan at CM06 :)

Dunbar said:
Well, I just learned that the outfit has MRFT40's available as well as the 60's.

The 40 is 1.5 cu.ft. at h20" w24-7/8" d14-1/8" and can be used with a cigar lighter plug which makes it a bit more versitile. I have a dual battery set up and can wire it direct but keep the cigar plug for using it in the boat or someone else's rig.

The 60 is 2.12 cu.ft. at h17-3/8" w31-1/4" d19-1/4" and draws 4.2V on a 12V DC system versus the 40 drawing 2.5V.

Damn, I was ready to order the MRFT60 for $599 but can get the MRFT40 for $499. Both cost $49 to ship and can get here in a few days.

The Norcold units are about the same as Engle and ARB so I might be able to use the coverblanket thing on the 40.

What do you guys who have fridges think? Go big or go versitile?

Thanks,
Dunbar
Where are you getting these at such a good price?
I have the mid-size 45qt and (as desertdude said), it's planty big once you learn how to pack it. IMO, the draw on the 60 is too high for a single battery -- you said you have a dual, so it wouldn't likely be an issue for you.

Dunbar said:
Hey Kirt,

Do you know what the sale prices are on the 64qt and 33qt units?

Thanks,

Dunbar

Ypu bet, send me an email with your shipping address and I can get you a quote :D

kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

Wes, You have a PM reply.

Dunbar

here is my scratch and dent. Not many scratches or dents, Nothing worse than I would have done it. Thanks Dunbar :D
111_1164.JPG
111_1165.JPG
111_1166.JPG

Dunbar said:
Well, I just learned that the outfit has MRFT40's available as well as the 60's.

The 40 is 1.5 cu.ft. at h20" w24-7/8" d14-1/8" and can be used with a cigar lighter plug which makes it a bit more versitile. I have a dual battery set up and can wire it direct but keep the cigar plug for using it in the boat or someone else's rig.

The 60 is 2.12 cu.ft. at h17-3/8" w31-1/4" d19-1/4" and draws 4.2V on a 12V DC system versus the 40 drawing 2.5V.

Damn, I was ready to order the MRFT60 for $599 but can get the MRFT40 for $499. Both cost $49 to ship and can get here in a few days.

Per Dunbar...

I guess I'll need a travel bag for it too :D

First thing the wife asks is will she be able to use it Thanksgiving for fridge overflow. Of course I say... she smiled and said great glad your got it. :rolleyes: Never mind the camping I'm trying to ease her into.. :cheers:

Great Wes,

Mine is more beat up than that. The 60 has more louvered area it seems and mine is warped on both sides and the top. Probably dropped on that end. It came in a non-factory box. I could take it apart and try to flatten it some but doubt I will ever get to it. I am glad yours looks better. But I have no argument about the condition of mine thats why we paid less than half of retail. Of course I doubt if our friendly vendors sell for full retail but then there's are in primo condition. I tested mine on AC and it works perfect.

If I get a chance I will take some pics of mine this weekend.

Kurt, do they make a cover for the MFRT60 Norcold?

Wes, did your bud go ahead and get his? If so we can post the source. The guys who PMed me got a shot before we let it into the wild. They had one 60 and 3 40's when I ordered and they get more as the gorillas bend them up.

The 60 is big but evidently does not have much more of a footprint than the 40.

I am going to install the dual battery cable kit, that Dearborn made for me, this weekend. I plan on running a 4 gauge positive from the fuse panel off of the second battery all the way back to the fridge. I will temporarily wire it direct and add a fuse panel back there later to run other stuff.

Ice Cold Beer!

Dunbar

I'm a little cornfuzed...Are these Norcold 40's different than the Engel 43l model? I thought the Norcold/Engel/ARB units were the all based on the same unit. But the dimensions are a little different: For instance the Engel 43l supposedly measures 25.5" in length...and these Norcold 40's apparently are 24 1/2" to 24 7/8" long (depending upon where the length is listed). Anyone know?

spressomon said:
I'm a little cornfuzed...Are these Norcold 40's different than the Engel 43l model? I thought the Norcold/Engel/ARB units were the all based on the same unit. But the dimensions are a little different: For instance the Engel 43l supposedly measures 25.5" in length...and these Norcold 40's apparently are 24 1/2" to 24 7/8" long (depending upon where the length is listed). Anyone know?
I'm not sure why the posted measurements are different, but Wes's Norcold looks identical the several Engel's I've recently seen -- with the exception of the Norcold label affixed to it. My ARB 40q/43l looks very similar to the Norcold in the pic aside from some cosmetic differences. My ARB is a bit older though, so that would account for some of the differences.

I think some of the measurements are for older models and quite possibly, so slight changes were made to the interior/exterior dimensions.

I bought a norcold 60 that was a scratch and dent deal off Ebay awhile ago and had been beat up more by UPS . They paid the shipper $100 for beating it up more which the shipper passed on to me .
I down loaded the parts manual from Norcold web site took it all apart (comes apart very easy and completely) did a little hammer and dolly work on it to get it back into shape . The compresser end and control panel needed to be fixed but came out looking no worse then what i would do to it since it now has the normal ware and tare look like prewashed jeans :)
I love it now if I could get out wheeling more to use it :frown:

Always keep it mostly full of beer and you should be ok. If you need to squeeze in some food you will just have to drink some beer.

LOL!!!! funniest post I've read all day, thank you. Wes can't wait to see yours in action.. :cheers:

nakman said:
Wes can't wait to see yours in action.. :cheers:

You guys have the cookers.. Least I can do is have the cold beer/cokes/water/AP, etc. :D

The info is RVExit 1-866-774-3450 ask for a scratch and dent. My 40 is Reconditioned and the warranty is 1 year I think. I dunno what was condidtioned and I tried to call to see if they know and have not been able to get through. So buyer beware for saving a little bit. But mine is in excellent shape and have been running strong for 36hrs.

Last edited:
As far as ice cubes go, I have made them last for over three days in my 43l arb. I put them in a small tupperware and keep them in the front of the fridge because there seems to more cooling thingies there. A bloody mary without ice is an abomination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom