Anyone still making front recovery points in the US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a pair of front recovery point brackets for my 2000 LC. Here is what I've found:

Duiser - not recommended.

Spressomon - not making them anymore.

Australia - Don't want to pay $175 with shipping to get them from Australia unless there in NO other option.

So what does that leave? Anything?

Thanks!
Mark

I actually tried to order those earlier this week. His checkout was broken, PayPal plugin wouldn't work in IE or Mozilla. Sent him a message from his site, asked him how I could contact him to purchase? He never responded, so I gave up.

Don't get how people selling stuff don't respond to emails or test their sites.... His checkout appears to be working today, so I'll try again.

Last edited:
I actually tried to order those earlier this week. His checkout was broken, PayPal plugin wouldn't work in IE or Mozilla. Sent him a message from his site, asked him how I could contact him to purchase? He never responded, so I gave up.

Don't get how people selling stuff don't respond to emails or test their sites.... His checkout appears to be working today, so I'll try again.

We've been working on the issue with the domain company for a few weeks. There is also a note above the "contact" form stating to email me directly as the form has been acting up. My direct email is there. As far as checkout, this is the first I've heard of an issue. I've received multiple orders and emails daily for weeks, especially on tow points.

I sincerely appreciate people's updates when it comes to the website. We don't test the contact form daily, but I'm positive the email address works just fine. I think we will just remove the automated form and make it a manual process.

Sorry for the issue.

J

Yeah, I ordered a set of these. Got them all painted up and am planning on putting them on this weekend!

I would really like a set of these tow points from TT that will accomodate the ARB bumper with no cutting.

We've been working on the issue with the domain company for a few weeks. There is also a note above the "contact" form stating to email me directly as the form has been acting up. My direct email is there. As far as checkout, this is the first I've heard of an issue. I've received multiple orders and emails daily for weeks, especially on tow points.

I sincerely appreciate people's updates when it comes to the website. We don't test the contact form daily, but I'm positive the email address works just fine. I think we will just remove the automated form and make it a manual process.

Sorry for the issue.

J

It happens, I'm in IT so understand that problems pop up. Looks like you had one failure from your provider that prevented you from getting my email from your web form about the other failure! I hate when that stuff happens.... Not a big deal, thanks for addressing it here. I'm looking forward to getting these tow points, thanks!

Mark

It happens, I'm in IT so understand that problems pop up. Looks like you had one failure from your provider that prevented you from getting my email from your web form about the other failure! I hate when that stuff happens.... Not a big deal, thanks for addressing it here. I'm looking forward to getting these tow points, thanks!

Mark

I believe Andrea already has them at the post office.

Thanks,

Jason

Last edited:
I bought 2 sets of these .. order went very smoothly and they arrived very quickly.. were well packaged and were just what I expected.. Thanks!

Painted them and waiting for paint to cure.. Does anyone have any recommendation for good hardware to use to install these?

I work at a dealer so I was just going to ask parts to order me some factory tow hook fasteneners..

I looked on McMaster Carr and was thinking high strength hex head with a washer.. but I don't know much about fasteners.. anyone have any suggestions?

McMaster-Carr

@CanadianRockyCruiser Its not the product that isn't recommended; its the vendor.

People have been having issues getting their orders filled from Duiser recently.

Australia - Don't want to pay $175 with shipping to get them from Australia unless there in NO other option.

I thought I remembered closer to $130 (US).

Have they gone up that much, has the US $ weakened that much, or are you confusing AU$ with US$?

reevsci's units are probably a better deal, but the Roadsafe units actually fit inside the ARB box without modification

70eXVCOl.jpg

vs
img_20170125_164059-jpg.1389289

amazing that all these tie points are apparently holding fine with just 2 lousy little bolts. Yea for bolt and nut engineers!

What size and type bolts are needed to install them correctly? Would like to order but need this info first. Any torque recommendations?

I thought I remembered closer to $130 (US).

Have they gone up that much, has the US $ weakened that much, or are you confusing AU$ with US$?

reevsci's units are probably a better deal, but the Roadsafe units actually fit inside the ARB box without modification

70eXVCOl.jpg

vs
img_20170125_164059-jpg.1389289
Shipping is $75 AUD to Florida. That adds it all up to $210 AUD. That is $158 USD.... OK, so not quite $175, but I'd rather keep my money near home. Had a bad experience with another Australian vendor and a pain getting my money back. .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom