anyone running a WINK turbo? (2 Viewers)

No problem @DerfO4, good luck with the rebuild! Have one more question for them (time difference really slows that down), but otherwise hope to have it on the way this week. It will still probably be a few weeks before I have feedback as the IP is also out for rebuild. I will post back with my experience.
You better let me know when this arrives! I'll bring the KEI truck over :D

That's one hell of a truck! Had a small drive with Chris at Buschtaxi, Germany, pretty insane!!
Got the 3" exhaust and intercooler installed, next step will be a Wink somewhere in the future!

That's Chris in his 45. Great display of what their turbo with intercooler does. Yota diesel Power!!!!!
I purchased the 12HT drivetrain out of that beautiful beast. I’m currently restoring a 43 that the drivetrain will reside in here in California.

I'm running a Wink4x4 for over a year now.
I had my injector pump also overhauled through Wink, and preset for higher boost / more fuel.

The very first run I had with the overhauled pump, and the new turbo, I was so excited that I went a bit further then my own driveway. Very, very bad decision, since I hadn't properly mounted the hatch for the hood. So, big dent's in the hood, and bended hinges :bang::bang::bang:

Anyway, back to the Turbo: Remy came over to tune the IP, but it turned out to be perfectly set during overhaul.
The torque at low rev is huge, I can take (Dutch) roundabout's in 3rd easily. Turbo spins up very quickly, instant max boost (1,1 bar) when putting the pedal down.

Especially during a trip in the Swiss Alpes, the turbo was a real joy. Amazing how it pulls.
I run it at ~1,1 bar peak. I chose to be quite conservative, as I still run on the original pistons / bearings.

I'd certainly recommend it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Jull
Top Bottom