anyone running a WINK turbo? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Roma,

I've been in contact with them. On the Buschtaxi meeting in Germany they had an expo stand.
Real and honest Cruiser heads! I've hopped in with Chris in his 45 with a 'Winked' 12HT. Awesome torque at low rev!

I'm not too much into turbo tech, but my plan is to get a Wink turbo somewhere in future, as soon as I've installed an intercooler and maybe checked the fuel pump. Since they live only an hour away, they will be able to help tune everything.

They do real cool stuff with the 1HDT and 1HD-FTE motors in terms of a wink turbo and injection control!!

Their site looks interesting but not too much info on there. I'd use the contact us form and try and speak to them and see what they are all about.

Their site looks interesting but not too much info on there. I'd use the contact us form and try and speak to them and see what they are all about.

I've spoke to them via email. Just looking for some feedback from consumers. I have a new 12h-t long block im adding my accessories to (from a used 12h-t) and would love to replace the turbo with something new that is a bolt on affair. I would hate to have the turbo fail in the next few years since I don't know the history of that previous engine. (the engine failed unexpectedly)

I have had a few conversations with Chris. He seems to be a stand up guy. I am getting a turbo from them along with a various cornucopia of non-USA goodies. I will update this again after I get the goodies in to my 86' 60.

I have had a few conversations with Chris. He seems to be a stand up guy. I am getting a turbo from them along with a various cornucopia of non-USA goodies. I will update this again after I get the goodies in to my 86' 60.

are you stateside?

Yes I am. I live in South Dakota.

Hey Roma, I have visited them in the Netherlands and was impressed with their knowledge and products, they let me test drive an old beater 80 with a modified 1HDTFT in it and I was so impressed that I bought it to use in my next project!

I have not rebuilt my 12ht yet. When I get it done I'll give and honest review

Hey Roma, I have visited them in the Netherlands and was impressed with their knowledge and products, they let me test drive an old beater 80 with a modified 1HDTFT in it and I was so impressed that I bought it to use in my next project!

can we discus which mods it have .?

I have one fitted for approx 40k km's now and drive it with a smile everyday.
I was almost on the point selling the car because the power wasnt sufficient in the mountains even after installing a intercooler.
He convinced me to put one of his turbo's on and didnt need to pay if it wasn't meeting my expectations. The difference was huuuge after getting the turbo installed and a proper fuel pump adjustment. I think he has 2 sizes, not sure what I have might be the smallest one. Drivability is great, the car drives more or less like a modern car now.

Curious what there pricing is like for the 1 HDT/ HZ turbos?

I have one fitted for approx 40k km's now and drive it with a smile everyday.
I was almost on the point selling the car because the power wasnt sufficient in the mountains even after installing a intercooler.
He convinced me to put one of his turbo's on and didnt need to pay if it wasn't meeting my expectations. The difference was huuuge after getting the turbo installed and a proper fuel pump adjustment. I think he has 2 sizes, not sure what I have might be the smallest one. Drivability is great, the car drives more or less like a modern car now.
Which vehicle/motor?

Diesel 80 series 1hdt. Dont know about the pricing for the turbocharger only as I did a complete package with tuning, rebuild fuel injectors, engine bearings, rear bumper and several other things to be prepared for a trip. Could drive a Cayenne for less here but like to keep things simple and reliable. At least I can keep up now :clap: still amazes me that the difference is made only (apart from the regular maintainance) by fitting this turbo and a intercooler. Dont know what magic he did to the pump to match. There where a lot of sensors connected to his laptop when I looked LOL

I still have mine NIB waiting for me to finish the rebuild. Unfortunately I'm still tearing down slowly, as a 12HT rebuild kit is another 2500... Hope to have it done by summer to be able to go to Black Hills this year.

No problem @DerfO4, good luck with the rebuild! Have one more question for them (time difference really slows that down), but otherwise hope to have it on the way this week. It will still probably be a few weeks before I have feedback as the IP is also out for rebuild. I will post back with my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom