anyone red out the tails on 2013-2015? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is this a dumb idea? (possibly illegal I guess)

Screenshot 2024-01-29 102931.png

Well, I dislike the 2013-2015 tail lights for one. I am not willing to swap them for aftermarket tail lights either. Ive scoured the forums to see if the pre face lift tail lights fit- but there does not seem to be a definitive answer on that. Maybe one day I will pick one up and give it a try but for now I am exploring the idea of red tint- why not?

I’m also not a fan of the amber turn signals on the 13-15. Much prefer the 08-11. Did not like them on the 98/99 either. I am planning to get some 08-11 and see if they will fit my 2014. Ali express has been sold out for some time. Want to stick to OEM look.

Not illegal at all and looks way better IMO. I did it on my wife’s Lexus IS 350 and it looked night and day. The trick is finding the right color film so it matches the rest of the light. It was almost 20 years ago for me and I can’t remember where I got the film. I’m sure the guys on Club Lexus can steer you in the right direction.

Not illegal at all and looks way better IMO. I did it on my wife’s Lexus IS 350 and it looked night and day. The trick is finding the right color film so it matches the rest of the light. It was almost 20 years ago for me and I can’t remember where I got the film. I’m sure the guys on Club Lexus can steer you in the right direction.
I've got some red tint coming in so I will give it a go and post my results here. Hopefully it matches!

So I got the tint in. I think it looks okay but it would definitely not pass WOF here in NZ due to changing the reverse lights to a reddish color.
IMG_5910.jpeg
IMG_5911.jpeg
IMG_5912.jpeg

Seems dangerous and probably illegal to change the color of your reverse lights. Open invitation for parking lot mishaps.

Agreed. Confusing for other cars when you reverse.

I also don’t like the look of all red - one big blob of a light. To each their own though-

I thought you meant red out the orange turn signals! Yeah, reverse lights are a no go, but the turn signals would look great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom