Anyone know the differences in FJ40 Hood Aprons based on year? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to keepers of all Yota knowledge! I have a 1984 BJ40 that the PO cut a hole in the left apron for a snorkel but he never connected it. I am looking to remove the snorkel and put one on the right side close to the air cleaner. I have been looking at hood aprons to replace the one with the hole and it appears that there are 3 (maybe more) different ones out there based on the year. Does anyone know the specific differences between the different years. Is it just the emblems or are there fit issues? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Anyone 75 and newer is a fit on your rig.

Toyota removed the side marker lamp that was in the apron in 1975 when they went to the larger turn signal assemblies.

:meh:

As the greek stated, any apron from 1975 to 1984 will work for your situation.

Toyota removed the side marker lamp that was in the apron in 1975 when they went to the larger turn signal assemblies.

:meh:

As the greek stated, any apron from 1975 to 1984 will work for your situation.
Thanks guys! So that's what the extra holes are for on these?
Aprons with Marker Light Holes.jpeg

20180407_125259.jpg
nope, those holes are for the 69/70 round reflector.

like this

Ok got it. So basically if it has no holes other than for the emblems it is a 75+, and should fit perfectly on my 1984?

No prior to the 68 model there was no reflector other clearance light. It had a emblem but was a difference one. Older style was metal and newer was plastic. The newer also had a rubber pad towards the back to help support the hood and prevent it from rubbing directly on the apron.

You don’t need the late model apron since you have a BJ42. The apron referenced by @447xpro is from a late FJ40. The air cleaner setup is different between the US-spec FJ40 and your BJ42.

Doesn’t matter that you have a B, 2B or 3B... I’m using early aprons for the early emblems. It’s just personal preference but I like the early chrome plated Land Cruiser emblem instead of the plastic version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom