Anyone Ever See the A/C System Amplifier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1993 FZJ80 and the air mix servo motor is not functioning. In diagnosing the circuit I am now looking for the AC system amplifier that is said to be behind the HVAC controls. I am using a 96 EWD but I don't think they changed from 93-96 only in 97 did the auto climate control come in. The EWD refers to an A/C amplifier which I can see is right behind the glove box door. However it also refers to an A/C system amplifier and describes its location to be behind the HVAC controls. I see what I believe to be the connector for the A/C system amplifier but there is nothing connected to it. Does anyone have knowledge of what this A/C system amplifier looks like and/or if it even exist on a 93?

@MoJ I can see in the diagrams approximately where it is but I am looking for a reference to the approximate size ( a picture would be best) and if it is indeed suppose to be behind the HVAC controls. I appreciate the diagram but if someone had a pic or could confirm where it is suppose to be it would really help this process. I can see the A/C amplifier located behind the glove door near the ECU I just cannot seem to identify the A/C System amplifier.

the amp (that i know of) is right above the gas pedal on the center area. it was for the auto button only. your 93 will not have one. get an older EWD imo that matches your obd1 truck.

In a 93 your only AC Amp should be the one behind the glove box. The appropriate EWD shows "A/C Connector : Not for use in North America" for a large connector going to what I'd assume is the second amp you are seeing in the parts diagram.

In Auto AC trucks the "auto AC amplifier" is above the gas pedal as @slow95z mentioned, along with the original amp behind the glove box like earlier trucks.

In a 93 your only AC Amp should be the one behind the glove box. The appropriate EWD shows "A/C Connector : Not for use in North America" for a large connector going to what I'd assume is the second amp you are seeing in the parts diagram.

In Auto AC trucks the "auto AC amplifier" is above the gas pedal as @slow95z mentioned, along with the original amp behind the glove box like earlier trucks.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you @bloc! I will try to source a 93 EWD to prevent confusion in the future.

I have one if you need it. I bought it for the box and bracket to install the AC amplifier for an FJ62. The FZJ80 AC amplifier board is useless to me.

FYI @bloc I just received my my 93 EWD and it shows the same dang thing in regards to the A/C amplifier and the AC system amplifier. Either way it seems that the only A/C amplifier is behind the glove box with the exception to the 97 with auto climate control.

Been sick as a dog for a week hopefully tonight I will get around to checking this circuit and diagnosing hwy the servo motor is not moving. I will keep you updated as I know you all are waiting with baited breath.....haha

Update!
The air mix servomotor works! Thank God! As luck would have it because there is one screw near the pivot point that I have no idea how to get out. Fortunately I don't have to do that. The contacts on the air mix servo motor mating connector are damaged. The air mix servo motor connector has male pins, the mating connector terminals are female. The female pin pinches over the male pin and provides constant pressure. The part the pinches the male pin is broken off on two terminals.

I now need to find a way source new terminal, remove the current terminals, and re-crimp the new terminals on. One major problem is I am working with 1.5" of wire deep behind the radio. I know I cannot get a crimp-er back there but I may be able to crimp the terminals with pliers all that seems like it is not to probable to reliably make a new connection.

Long story short I have to come up with a minimally invasive fix. Just wanted to update the status, for such little thing this is certainly drawn out.

I would have snapped some pics but it is incredibly difficult to see with the naked eye. Updates to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom