Anyone added Factory Subtank to your 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the OE sub tank sold anywhere with gasoline engines that need the charcoal canister? Or only diesel?

Is the OE sub tank sold anywhere with gasoline engines that need the charcoal canister? Or only diesel?

I was under the impression is was only diesel. Link below shows factory dual tanks for a 138L capacity, but all for diesel. OP seems to indicate he found the parts for gas. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
I can also buy a d

I was under the impression is was only diesel. Link below shows factory dual tanks for a 138L capacity, but all for diesel. OP seems to indicate he found the parts for gas. I guess we'll see.

Looked up a 2019 GCC spec V8 petrol. It shows a sub tank available. Less than $200 from Partsouq: 7700160831 Toyota TANK SUB-ASSY, FUEL, Price: 181.76$, Weight: 14.6kg - PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Obviously you need other parts as well but it shows available.

Edit: Here's the diagrams: ToyoDIY.com

Nice, will be interesting to see if OP goes through with it. Quite a bit involved.
The fact that all the hoses, clamps, fittings etc could also be stock ordered to make a 'kit' looks quite promising.

I’m curious how different the evaporative emissions stuff is in different markets. Seems like that’s an important part of getting this to work seamlessly. But just the fact that an OE gas filler neck is available is a big step in the right direction.

I played around on Partsouq before and there are options.

I wonder about the ARB fuel take as well, but it it not for the US markets either

OP, I haven't done this but chalk me up as someone who would be interested in doing so.

If it was determined evap issues seemed likely I might just do it for water, it would be nice to get that weight down low. My assumption is this would nestle up above the spare and you can still run a spare under the vehicle? Please update if you move forward with figuring this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom