Anybody ever thought about pressurized on Board Water? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With the weekend coming up and summer approaching I was curious to put an on board water system on my Pig, I was wondering if anyone has done it yet to their FJ80. I plan on using a 8 gal tank where the spare tire would go under the vehicle and use a compressor to pressurize it. Got the idea from my brother who is a fire fighter and he built onboard water on his Heep. Wanted to know if anyone has done it yet?

Not that I'm aware of, but some of us have built onboard hot water/shower systems. Having a 12v pump to move the water is the route the rest of the world goes.

For this application I would use a 12v pump. Much simpler. Maintains constant pressure and the good pumps can be run dry without fail. I know this for a fact

I run a bladder in my oz patrol. Gravity fed outlet hose. This ensures that anyone using the water is aware to preserve/minimize use versus 'thinking' they are at home an running the tap continuously to rinse ones hands... Most water waste when camping is cleaning stuff. I have taps on the hose, but simply putting the hose back in its 'home' clip has it above the bladder level. Tap is just in case the hose is left 'dangling' or drops out of the clip - drinking water is precious in desert camping.

12V submersible whale brand pump to get water back into the bladder when finding potable (or filter-able) water when out bush.

cheers,
george.

theres a thread I thumbed through on here that the guy put a heat exchanger on the rear heater hoses for a shower...

Someone on here did something like THIS to a scepter water can (I think) ...

off-grid-shower.jpg

Trail showers are over rated

:lol:

We always bring one of them solar shower bags, we've used it maybe twice for an actual shower. Usually its used for rinsing dishes or washing hands.

I was probably thinking of bolting on a gas tanks for boats under neath and run a fill hole from the top of the rear bumper and have a spout come out of the tail hitch. Not too sure yet just brain storming.

I robbed a water pump from a old RV trailer I planned to use as a powerhead for the home greenhouse water catchbasin & pump to the irrigation manifold.

For the size & the fact it's already 12v, the issue is dumping all your water too fast by volume, but flow pressure is there for sure.

They aren't any bigger than your starter if anyone cares, and they are common as anything (read cheap).

Here's neat little gadget that is pressurized and holds 8 gals of water.

Road Shower 3 – Road Shower
Yeah, I saw one of these on a rig in Yosemite last year.
It looks like they already have it.
And it is pressurized , it has a shraeder valve for putting in air and making pressure.

Screenshot_2017-02-24-18-25-57.png
This is what I use and a 7 gal jug.

I was chatting with a local vendor and he offered to custom make any water tank for$150 to $200, less for volume orders. I figured this forum has already come up with plenty of DIY solutions and everyone has a different space they want it in so I didn't pursue it. But I was thinking 18 gallons in the spare area, or 8 in the space between the frame and rear fender on the DS, protected with a little armor, fill and delivery tubes/hoses through a sealed hole in the fender coming through the jack storage compartment on the DS. Easy drop down of the tank for removing to clean or use off the truck.

I didn't think about it much...Just a little bit. Any interest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom