any newer Webasto owners? Im having issues with a new thermo top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im having issues.

I bought a Webasto thermo top Evo 5.5 so that i could have a warm truck to get into in the winter. Its all wired and installed and just received the timer yesterday. Upon plugging in the timer shows it as on, but i hear nothing from the actual unit. While trying to troubleshoot i notice the instructions say initial start should be with the thermo test software? Is this true? It says to prime the fuel via the software.

Im not sure if this is the whole issue or not as i imagine the unit would have some sort of noise coming from it when i turn it on regardless if i use the software but i have no idea.

Webasto north america says they don't support the Evo model here either so thats been fun trying to deal with them for info.

Thanks for any help!

I've got an older model, but does yours also come with a simple on/off switch that could be used in place of the timer?

I too have the older model but I can't imagine them being too vastly different. See if you can grab the pin schematics online, that will help a lot.

I would get in there with a multimeter and make sure the power and on signal is coming through. That way you can rule out the timer/wiring.

Also, where did you get the webasto? Is it used? If it is a VW/Audi unit, it expects to be plugged in to a VAG computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom