another seat/seat belt question...sorry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i have a 96 lx450 with crappy front seats(leathers all torn up) and no 2nd row seats. i found a junk yard selling "like new"front and 2nd row manual cloth seats out of a 1992 FJ for $350. i have read that the seat belt latches are in a different position for the front seats and have to be modified but what im not sure is wether the actual buckle and latches are the same style as in i can actually buckle 96 belts to 92 latches front and rear? or would i actually have to get new belts all around? i guess my question is wether the buckle is a different design. any help is greatly appreciated before i go ahead and purchase these seats. thanks!

@LS1FJ40 Can you answer this one since you have both?

Hmmmm. I think they are the same. I made a bracket for my 93 to be able to reuse the buckle from my 93 when I swapped in the 92 seats.

Making a bracket wasn't a big deal but it takes a little trial and error. I've already started planning a 2.0 version of the bracket.

I think the only differences on buckles are 3rd to the front two rows. Are not interchangeable.

And for the record, buy the dang seats and figure out the buckles after the fact. The manual cloth seats are 100 times better than the leather power seats. The sit about 1.5" lower and slide back 2" further. And just a much more comfortable ride.

I no longer hit my head climbing in my 93.

I'd give good money for a set of "like new" manual seats. $350 is a steal. New covers alone will cost more than that. Add in foam and install and you double that.

And for the record, buy the dang seats and figure out the buckles after the fact. The manual cloth seats are 100 times better than the leather power seats. The sit about 1.5" lower and slide back 2" further. And just a much more comfortable ride.

I no longer hit my head climbing in my 93.

I'd give good money for a set of "like new" manual seats. $350 is a steal. New covers alone will cost more than that. Add in foam and install and you double that.

Thanks for the advice. U we're right I went ahead and just got them and I ended up needing all the belts and buckles and came out to be $450 for everything. They need some cleaning but in great condition otherwise. Anyone looking for some torn tan leather front seats out of an LX450??

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

Thanks for the advice. U we're right I went ahead and just got them and I ended up needing all the belts and buckles and came out to be $450 for everything. They need some cleaning but in great condition otherwise. Anyone looking for some torn tan leather front seats out of an LX450??

View attachment 1475321

View attachment 1475322

Nice score!!

And for the record, I'm always right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom