Another FJ Saved!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am with the previous post about the brakes. I would ditch the banjo fittings and cylinders at the very least and upgrade to later model drums and standard brake lines. The banjo fitting lines are a weird size, and can leave you stranded without a flare tool. I say this as the owner of a 67 that I have had to limp off a trail with vice-gripped lines.

actually I remember this rig now... when it was for sale. cool to see it's getting used.

Dude that is awesome, just a one question, what is that on the roof, is it a vent? You scored on that one, that is so cheap for a driver.

It is a vent, although I need to re-tack the hinge. Otherwise, I believe the only things that I am missing are the two side mirrors and the right front turn signal. It came with 5 hub caps that I believe are original- they've got the wierd looking "T". My neighbor seems to think that the are pretty rare.

. It came with 5 hub caps that I believe are original- they've got the wierd looking "T". My neighbor seems to think that the are pretty rare.

Your neighbor is wrong, they are a dime a dozen. I happen to have couple of dimes and will take those ugly hubcaps off your hands. :grinpimp:

Have you seen the '64 being restored in the 25 section? The 25 section has a few cool very old stock 40's, and Destin is doing a nice job, and definitely worth taking a look at with lots of nice info, and contacts you may need/use on your rig. :beer:

Oh, yup, like Tony said, a dime a dozen, and I've got TWO dimes ready for ya if you don't like yours :lol:

I'm glad that there are a dime a dozen- I'll put them back on. I was a little worried that I may lose one. They are ugly but they're part of her.

I'm glad that there are a dime a dozen- I'll put them back on. I was a little worried that I may lose one. They are ugly but they're part of her.

You may have missed the levity in his post.

Kewl rig :cheers:

Progress

Can't believe it's been nearly 2 years since I started this thread but there has been progress! Many, many thanks to my buddy Jeremy for letting me watch him build my cage. I'd like to say that I helped but I think that I was in the way more than assisting!!! The '86 2F is going in this week along with the H55, split case w/ parking brake drum attachment, and tilt column/power steering. In addition I'll be installing a 4" alcan lift and 1.5" wheel spacers. Then it's back to Jeremy's for final weld on cage. Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy this thing this summer!!!
WP_000091.jpg
WP_000097.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg

Let the games begin

1. Breaker Bar...check
2. PB Blaster...check
3. BFH...yep

This was no easy feat for a solo operation and no manual. Started at 4pm after the Easter activities were finished and had it out at midnight.
IMG_1101.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg

Nice progress! I will take the carb out of your '64 off your hands if you don't need it anymore.

You might want to put some diagonal cross braces on that cage...I would not feel comfortable driving it as is...

Very nice. So much for keeping her "completely stock" :D. I've got a '64 hardtop as well, love it death... and mines not stock either ;).

flippy 'da bezel ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom