Another 2F older rig cooling thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
67 FJ40, 78 2F engine. Installed by the PO. It came with a 6-blade plastic fan, the long 2-groove pulley, a 2-groove pulley on the alternator, a rusty unusable radiator, and a water pump that was trashed so I didn't keep it.

I've tried a 1F water pump, it was too long. One of the reputable online Land Cruiser retailers advised me to buy a specific water pump, told me for sure it would work... it was the long version with the oil cooler option. Great, so now I have to return it. Absolutely no help from them at all.

In reading other threads I found out later '40s had the radiator moved forward.

So... All I want to accomplish is a water pump that fits with the correct pulley that lines up with the alternator, the plastic fan, no fan clutch and a 2F radiator.

Someone else has done this. Any help would be appreciated. Yes, I've searched this.

I'm right there with you, very frustrating when you pay for something and wait then it doesn't fit; yea swell they will give you your money back but what about your time.

A neighbor did the rear disk brakes on his Tahoe. Autozone sent him home with the wrong brake pads twice. 60 mile round trip each time. I could understand if it was some modified unit but its bone stock PIA. They did up grade the pads each time for free but I doubt that covered the gas.

My 72 is on engine #3. I think the current is a 2F. I still run a 4 blade metal fan, single pulley with the original radiator. I have a new 4 core brass one to install in the spring - I'm hoping I will have any fit issues.

OK so problem solved. Found out the radiator support can be moved forward. Almost as if Mr. Toyoda meant it to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom