An ethical dilemma? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It shows well in the pictures. I wonder what its story is?

I sent the current seller an email and am awaiting a response...NR auction...seems a little fishy, but I'll post any response that is of significance.

Not too hard to did and find the issues, this thread is doing it's job for the MUD community for sure...thanks for that!

This is not located too far from me. If somebody is considering it, I can inspect & document before purchase. Standard shop rates apply.

A quick look at the ebay photos shows that they are 4 for 4 on getting the new OME shackles on wrong (rears are backwards, fronts are upside down). On the plus side, it has factory power steering.

More ebay misrepresentation:
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ25 FJ40 Early intake exhaust sight glass carburetor Aisan

description sez:
"This auction is for a FJ25/40 sight glass single barrel carburetor and matching intake & exhaust manifold. This is the 1st setup used on the stock F motor inline six years 1958-early 60's. Notice the round ports for the early F. Impossible to find original setup. This was on a shelf for 35+ years when I bought it. Must have for that original restoration. I've seen this set for sale from parts dealers in the $600 plus range over the years."

Picture shows the carb is a late 1-bbl w. tiny sight glass and electric ICS, roughly 68-69 vintage. Not early big window stuff.

But wait, there is more!
Toyota Land Cruiser FJ25 FJ40 early sight glass 2 barrel carburetor aisan NR

Description:
"This is a FJ25/40 sight glass double barrel carburetor. Very rare piece, must have for that original restoration."

Pic shows a tiny 2bbl from a mid-60's Crown.
attempt to link ebay pic:
$_57.JPG

Pic works sometimes. :meh:

For comparison, here is the rare early Cruiser 2bbl big window carb:
attachment.php

Last edited:
So, it will not mate with the air cleaner? too tall, to short, or not enough fuel delivery?

I'm a little surprised the Crown didn't just use the same carb as the F. :meh: shows what I know I guess....

funny you can put old parts on there that are genuine and no one wants them but this bozo lies and cheats and people love the stuff.if you have a problem with this guy he calls you names says your a liar and that because hes owned 700 fj40s hes an expert .and yes i have had personal experiance with him from friends that bought stuff from him that didnt fit or work ..cudos to jim for bringing this scumbag out .

Fish, the base mounting pattern might be the same, but otherwise the 2 carbs are completely different. Compare the pics of the 2, using the large sight glass as a size reference. Sight glass is the same for all carbs. Cruiser carb is bigger than the sight glass. Smaller Crown carb is hiding behind the sight glass.

Jeez, that guy is the Henry Higgins of FJ40s....

here is what i can't understand
he sells numerous pricey 40s every year.
why did he not work with the buyer on this truck to fix the issues? his reputation takes a hit, replacing a 2F is not a huge cost or even rebuilding the one that is in there.

I would agree completely w/what Gumby said--Let 'em stay on the forum-Mud members will find them out and deal accordingly. if you ban them, you'll never know where they will pop up again-starting the whole thing over.---post a little honey(without commitment) you'll get a lot more flys than with vinegar.---vee haf ways to deal vith the flys----

So according to his listing, he only restores 75-83 FJ40's but later in the listing he notes he is finishing a 69 in 1-2 months

I was wondering how long it would take for this guy to get called out. Anyone remember what Dirty Harry said about dog s***?

"a lot of things can happen to dog****. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog s***s ya!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom