Am I crazy?!?! 2019 LC to Midsize Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the title states I have a lightly modded 2019 Landcruiser:
- 2 inch Dobinson lift
- Slee Sliders
- Trekboxx Bravo System Drawers
- 5 Evo Corse 18' wheels on 305/65/18 K02s

I am in need of a mid size truck for the bed capacity (not towing). Would I be crazy to sell or trade the LC for a Tacoma TRD Pro or Gladiator? The ideal scenario would be to keep both but I live in a heavily congested part of town and can only have 1 vehicle. Has anyone else made the switch to a midsize truck from an LC? Just for reference I have owned a 2016 4runner and 2018 Raptor ( big and difficult to park/ maneuver in the city). So at this time a full-size truck would be out of the question. Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!!

Why not get a cheap trailer to tow behind the LC if you need bed capacity? A lot cheaper than trading in your LC.

Unfortunately a trailer won't work due to not having anywhere to keep it... townhome living at its finest in the city.

I went from a Tacoma TRD Offroad to my LC. I do miss the truck bed a little, but the interior and driving manners of the LC more than make up for the lost bed.

It has been a couple of years, but I had a top of the line Tacoma, and I wouldn't go back.

I've had lots of trucks over the years from Tacomas to F250s, and they're great if you haul all the time (like if you are a contractor). For my uses, a trailer is a good compromise (I have an 8x10 aluminum Mission trailer that hauls more than most pickup beds). If you don't have space, you can probably rent one as needed.

Dont do it...Granted my tacoma is an 01 and my LC an 08, but Tacoma is crap for daily driving. In your defense I still have Tacoma solely for tuck bed purposes.

Unfortunately a trailer won't work due to not having anywhere to keep it... townhome living at its finest in the city.
Rent one when you need it. A lot cheaper that way too.

x2 rent a trailer or truck as needed. Sounds like your LC is setup nicely.

Oh, and i got dips on your Sliders......

The market for modded 200s is hot; it's an excellent time to recoup what you can and move on to whatever is next as many are paying top dollar at the moment. I will not hold my breath that the same will be able to be said a year from now.

There are plenty of folding trailers which take up the room of a motorcycle. I've had numerous, and have one right now, too. At one point I had a BMW 335i, a folding trailer, and two motorcycles in a single (oversized) parking stall.

I had a '16 Tacoma before the LX. You will hate it.

It sounds like you are OK with limited seating if a small truck is tempting.

So...
In that case,yank the third row seats for sure, and consider yanking one or both of the 2nd row seats as well.

With just front seats (so like a non-crew-cab pickup), you’ll be amazed at the capacity back there.

This also means you can add seats back when needed in the future...plus the option of just the 60% or 40% side of row 2 if you only need room for two passengers.

I have just the 40% side in my LCas my normal since I keep my fridge on the floor behind driver seat.

Last edited:
The market for modded 200s is hot; it's an excellent time to recoup what you can and move on to whatever is next as many are paying top dollar at the moment. I will not hold my breath that the same will be able to be said a year from now.

Would this be any different for the OP’s (I assume) 2019 than a say 2013 with some miles? There are already great deals on brand new 19s.

@bloc throw it for sale with a price youd be happy with and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom