Alternator replacement in 2023. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For anyone who has a 03-07, is the correct part number this one?
27060-50360-84
Thanks!

Paging resident mud mechanic @2001LC 😆
My alternator is taking a dump as well.

Boch Toyota has OEM Reman part number 27060-50260-84 at the link below for $135.30.

Serra Toyota has the same part number but the description says Reman Alternator with Reg/Assy for $230.

I thought the part number is the part number. Do I need the one with a Regulator assembly?

Thanks!

My alternator is taking a dump as well.

Boch Toyota has OEM Reman part number 27060-50260-84 at the link below for $135.30.

Serra Toyota has the same part number but the description says Reman Alternator with Reg/Assy for $230.

I thought the part number is the part number. Do I need the one with a Regulator assembly?

Thanks!

Check the other names section of the Boch link and you’ll see it says the same name as Serra ‘with R’.

Purchasing through Boch is a better deal.

Picked up an OEM reman for $133 at my local dealer in San Juan Capistrano and am back in business. Not sure how long it will last as the OEM lasted 24 years. Removing the alternator was cake in my 99 so if it does go out I’ll be able to swap it out quick. I wish a new OEM alternator was still available and would gladly pay a premium for it.

Picked up an OEM reman for $133 at my local dealer in San Juan Capistrano and am back in business. Not sure how long it will last as the OEM lasted 24 years. Removing the alternator was cake in my 99 so if it does go out I’ll be able to swap it out quick. I wish a new OEM alternator was still available and would gladly pay a premium for it.
There's always the Sequoia ones.

There's always the Sequoia ones.
I only saw reman ones also and my power consumption isn‘t huge so I don’t really need anything more than the stock 100 amps. If you have a link for a new one I’ll save it for the future if they are made in Japan still. If not I’ll stick to remans.

If you have any mechanical aptitude then you can do it yourself. It's not difficult.
Thanks, well yes, I do. My only concern is loosing the "power steering pump", also need to prevent alternator bolts from got stuck. Not sure someone ever tried to unscrew them. What can help here? WD-40?
I will probably try to do it myself anyway, and the $$ saved will go to tools (I relocated from Ukraine, so I still need to buy tools, since I left mine in Ukraine ))

Toyota Reman just came in, looks like brand new. Also ordered the cable housing.
Will be playing with this soon.

Do I need a torque wrench to tight the pump bolts back? Same for alternator bolts?
Any recommendations for the ratcheting wrench as I only have a drill and driver )))

alternator.jpg

cable.jpg

I put one of these in: High Output Alternators & High Torque Starters - https://www.qualitypowerauto.com/
I think I did the 250amp but you can get others. You send in your core or just get one from him.
What year did you put this in? I have a 1999 LX470 that came dead from cars and bids! I prefer to not have to change the pin connectors. Does this come ready for plug in play and with 3 pin connector on the unit? Or did you have to change wire harness etc? Or just nice and easy plug and play like oem? Thank you!!

Good to know. Our alternator went out last week and had to get a rebuild. Then, the starter went out which was weird. Got that under warranty. Then, when we picked it up. The check engine light went on. Going back to the mechanics and figure out what is going on.

Toyota Reman just came in, looks like brand new. Also ordered the cable housing.
Will be playing with this soon.

Do I need a torque wrench to tight the pump bolts back? Same for alternator bolts?
Any recommendations for the ratcheting wrench as I only have a drill and driver )))
How long did it take you receive the part once you ordered it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom